Say you're about to ask a girl out for sushi, when all of a sudden...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, May 14, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

(not like I would ever seriously date/marry a chick who didn't like sushi, but I'm just asking hypothetically here)

You: "blah blah blah I'm such a stud"
    Her: "blah blah blah you're hot and I would totally nail you cuz you're so alpha"
    (intended to imply you're hitting it off well with a chick)
    You: "So, do you like sushi?"
    Her: "Eww gross..."

Ok, so what was supposed to happen was, her: "Yeah, I love sushi!" You: "Good. There's this awesome sushi restaurant around here. Let's go on Thursday."

But instead, she revealed that she has shitty taste in food. Now, until I get to the point where I'm such an alpha stud that I'm fighting women off with a stick and I can reply with "You don't like sushi? Be gone, freak!" how would one salvage this conversation? I assume that "oh, well then you don't want to go to such-and-such place on Thursday" is too beta/nice-guy/ineffective/something.

Of course, if you did say that and she followed up with "no, but I'd love to go to blah blah blah place instead," that would be sweet (and she'd probably be desperate or you're just a total stud).

But what's the right way to handle something like this when a chick throws a pattern interrupt or whatever into your otherwise perfect plan?

2. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

explain that sushi is not just raw fish, and that most sushi places will have other japaneese selections as well. then when you are there you can order some cooked rolls and get her to try them.

sushi, like most other foods, is an aquired taste. odds are she has never been, and just thinks of sushi as a chunk of raw fish.

3. notsousual

notsousual New Member

4. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

falconer... this never happened.

5. He said hypothetically, so we can safely assume it never happened.

6. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

First find out if she doesn't like it because she has tried it and honestly didn't like it. Or doesn't like it because of the concept of it. If she honestly doesn't like it then tell her she must not have ever had good sushi, and you know a great little place that you are confident she will enjoy. If she doesn't like it without ever trying it, bust her balls about being picky and tell her you are taking her to try it. :dunno:

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

So she doesn't like sushi...so what? Either stop pursuing her or go somewhere else. If your plan is that inflexible that you can't just casually change the place you go, you have a problem.

Look at it another way. What if she said she was allergic to fish or something?

This is not a big deal.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I would have done it this way:

"I'm going for sushi. Are you coming?"

If she protests, inform her that they have food other than raw fish, grab her hand and lead the way.

9. cd7

cd7 how troublesome

ask her if she has even tried it, most people hate shit they have never even tried which is just plain ignorant.

10. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

The girl I'm seeing now I took to a Sushi place our first night out (well second technically) knowing full well that she was a vegetarian :o I thought it would be a great test of interest. It proved to be. She was very flexible and willing to try some new things. As much as I'd love to date a sushi lover like myself, you can't have it all.

11. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

playfully tease her

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Alright, nevermind. This thread wasn't about why people do or do not like sushi. My example could have been sushi or it could have been anything else. It was supposed to illustrate a concept, not a specific example.

13. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Right. It's about her level of flexibility. Does she have it or not.

14. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

"im going to this place to do this thing. you should come too"
    "i dont like that thing"
    "we could also do this other thing"
    "in that case, let me suck your dick first and then we can be on our way. not only do i love that other thing, but i think i love you, because im an emotionally driven female. lets get married and have lots and lots of babies and lots and lots of abortions."
    "i hate kids! GTFO!"
    "just abortions then?"
    "aight."

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Is it bad that if a chick invited me to do something I didn't like I would say no?

HB10: Wanna come with me to a White Stripes concert?
    Me: No.

:dunno:

16. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

it just means that you dont like the same music. which is unfortunate for you, because i'd be going to that concert with her and having a good time.

17. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I don't like sushi...actually I've never had it, but I don't like seafood. Anyway...that wouldn't stop me from going to a sushi place. Surely they offer something other then sushi...I've had some very tasty "vegetarian sushi"

18. HouseLing

ok, then HYPOTHETICALLY, i would ask a girl to something a little bit more mainstream if i didnt know her very well, or (more liekly) i knew she didnt like sushi. like a decent pizza/burger/mexican/whatever place, because there is much less risk of her not likeing it and her first reaction being "eww, gross"

or i wouldnt ask a chick that likes rap out to a metal concert and vice versa.

find these things out before you ask a chick out, it makes it much easier when you can feel her out beforehand and know roughly what she likes and dislikes.

19. HouseLing

actually, sushi is the only seafood i like. people look at me funny when they find that out. probobly has to do with the quality and flavors added durring preperation :dunno:

20. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I'm not opposed to trying it, I just never have :dunno:

21. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

oh my fucking god
    FALCONER. GO TALK TO GIRLS

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol, I took last weeked off cuz I went to visit my parents for Mother's Day. I'll resume this week.

23. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

ah unagi. I know where I am going for dinner.

We dropped $100 on a casual dinner at Kabuto last week, but oh man. The fish is so fresh... Hamachi, Toro, Sake, ebi... YUM. $100 on just food. WE didnt even get drinks... Worth it though :yum:

24. hi2u2

hi2u2 New Member

i notice that girls who dont like sushi dont like giving head either.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

One of my exes loved sushi but wasn't crazy about giving head. Part of the reason we broke up. Altho, she was awesome at sex so it kind of made up for not liking to give head... but not really.