WEB Say I wrote an ebook and wanted to let affiliates sell it

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Is ClickBank the best company to go with?

I don't make $50k a month in sales like some of the other affiliate programs require so there's a lot I can't use :ugh:

Which company is best? Also, what percentage of the sale should I give to the affiliate? 33%? 50%?

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

are you gay?

he told me on aim it was how to pick up a gay rodeo clown at a rodeo

3. Pepsi1975

dude why are you offended?

i am trying to help you out, but damn if you want to read on how to pick up gay rodeo clowns, then more power to you

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This is true.

Oh, and Pepsi, those pics I took of you in the rodeo clown suit that I'm gonna use on the cover came out fabulously ;)

5. Pepsi1975

dude that was not me, i told you that, but that was actually phasm in those pics :rofl:

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Aww damn! But the label on the thong he was wearing said Pepsi1975!! I thought it was you!!

7. Pepsi1975

photoshopped in there ;)

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Alright answer my question or I'm gonna post pics of Pepsi1975/phasm in a thong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

:o

10. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

in for super happy rodeo clown information!

Yeah, clickbank is probably the best place to go through for something like that. Only problem is you might not be able to get many affiliates promoting it which is important since most other affiliates look at the popular stuff to promote. So kind of a catch-22 to get it going...need lots of sales to get attention to get lots of sales.

...though maybe you could pay all of us to buy a copy in the first day or two to boost your stats and get some attention lol ;).

And agree with the 75% payout...Might not be as profitable upfront but you will end up getting more sales and in the end the lead is more valuable to you than the commission you are paying out if you work it right.

Dumb questions...is the product and sales page actually good? That will affect things of course lol.

11. Pepsi1975

dude it is about picking up gay rodeo clowns, it is a great service :mamoru:

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's hypothetical so far. I don't really have a product (other than a rough outline) or a salespage.

The salespage will probably suck tho, as I seem to be too cynical to write the kind of drivel that actually sells. I'm all factual and logical and "this is why my product is awesome" when to sell you need to be more like:

"YO I USED TO BE A STUPID FAT LOSER, just like you!! Girls laugh at you and you have a small dick!!! But then I invented this SUPER SIMPLE SYSTEM and within 2 weeks I was making $11ty billion dollars and FUCKING SUPERMODELS. Oh, and PS. MY DICK IS HUGE NOW!" Then you put some fake testimonials in yellow boxes next to stock photos of random people. Then you add a javascript countdown timer telling them that deal is expiring in only 10 minutes. That's how you get people to buy. For bonus points you can put pictures of supercars and tell people they are yours, and you can put a pic of yourself in a suit on the rightmost column. It builds rapport and trust because people care what the person from whom they are buying looks like.

I feel like doing that is insulting to readers, so I avoid it, but then I end up only selling to the intelligent 10% of people. But I always forget that most people are idiots and I need to make a stupid ass gaudy webpage if I actually want to sell to the 90% of people that do most of the purchasing.

sigh.

I may have to outsource my landing page :hs:

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Of course if I do write an ebook it will be full of awesome, useful, factual information that is actually quantifiable, as opposed to the many I have read that are full of ambiguous bullshit from people that pieced together clips from other webpages and rephrased them. In fact I even read one shitty ebook instructing people to do just that and resell it as an ebook :ugh: I was reviewing a copy for a guy, and I told him it was shady and he flamed the hell out of me :rofl: Idiots, everyone, I swear.

So I will probably sell it for $150-200 at the minimum. Fuck the $67 (strikethrough) $47 (strikethrough) $27 ebook prices. I think they're supposed to end in 7s, right? That seems to be the trend on the internet marketing forums I've read.

You know tho, the content in my book will be so valuable I can't risk returns. I may have to bypass CB altogether because they allow returns for 60 days. I don't want any fuckers reading my book and then returning it claiming it wasn't helpful when it actually was. Maybe I'll just make a site myself, sell it for $300, not pay anyone any affiliate fees, and not allow returns. Of course I would give an extremely thorough table of contents and description so people know exactly what they're getting beforehand (unlike most ebooks that tell you that you're getting something but don't actually tell you exactly what you're getting (more shadeball sales tactics that unfortunately work well)).

$300 is a fair price as the info in my book will literally save people thousands of dollars and hours. And I can quantify that, I'm not throwing out bullshit numbers like most ebook salesmen do "zomg make thousands your first week!" but it's all ambiguous.

Holy shit I need to calm down.

14. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

If/when you do this let me know and I'll jump on and promote it for you. If it converts, even half assed I can get a bunch of blackhat guys to jump on board.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ sounds good

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

wait, if blackhat people promote your stuff, can you as the author get penalized for it?

No, right? Cuz you can't control if people use blackhat or not right?

17. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (pozcumlubedberry 9000: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13057/786; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I lold because I'm in the same fucking boat. I give people too much credit but people are fucking illogical and retarded. Which is why they get interest only mortgages and rent rims

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Wait, you mean like car rims (wheels)?

You can rent rims for your car? :bowrofl: shut up how much does that cost :bowrofl:

19. Pepsi1975

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:gtfo: I am seriously in tears :bowrofl:

I cannot believe I didn't come up with that idea :bowrofl:

I wonder how they get their money if you skip town with their rims on your car. Send the full bill to collections?

Rent rims :bowrofl:

21. Pepsi1975

lets open a rent a donk

22. DnA02

DnA02 Hey, how YOU doin?! OT Supporter

its not just rent a rim now dude, its rent a *insert product here*

I read a news article about a month or two ago about this girl who rented a dell laptop and in the end, she gave the rental center 3000 bucks.

the laptop costed 500-600 bucks LOL

23. Pepsi1975

those places have been around forever

i guess you never seen the commercials, magic johnson is the spokesman for rentacenter :rofl:

24. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

You could just do it yourself on your own site. Just take those sites/ebook products I posted a while back as an example. Then just throw up a paypal button and it's all automated.

Of course the main benefit of using something like clickbank, and it can be a huge benefit, is that you can get a full army of affiliates pushing your product for you which can save you tons of money/energy/time. Also with a lot of affiliates/sites promoting your product you end up with tons of great free "reviews" and links to your site from them promoting...which also helps build the brand and authority.

If the information you plan to write about is really that valuable and limited as far as not wanting to flood a specific type of market you could instead do a paid community/member site type deal and even have affiliates promote that. In fact, that is a better option because you can work it out to longterm residual income if you can keep content up.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ Yeah, I suck at marketing which is why I think I would get way more sales with an affiliate force helping out.

Let's be honest, intelligent people can tell when a review is a shill. I see 50 sites like that a day. If anything, it kills credibility.

But then again, most people are dumb, so it probably helps.

But then again (again), my book would be aimed at intelligent people. The idiots would probably read it and not be happy because it's not a get rich quick book and it doesn't tell them how to get laid or make a billion dollars a day in forex or get a bigger dick in 3 easy steps so they'd probably want a refund.

Oh the inner struggles I face :hs: