Saw the c6 z06 today and I'm puzzled...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by thedguy, Apr 16, 2006.

1. thedguy

thedguy New Member

Why are people complaining about the interiors? Seriously?

I thought the seats were nice, the interior was seemingly well laid out, and I couldn't find anything wrong with the quality of materials on the dash. MAYBE the plastic on the center console, but thats an arguable point.

Anyone mind letting me in on what exactly sucks about the cars?

2. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

the fact that people spent 200k or more for something that gets spanked by it on a road course:big grin:

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Hatred.

4. lathrash

lathrash New Member

seats could have larger side bolsters... for a car that can corner as hard as it does, they are kinda weak. C4 vettes have deaper seats than the C6 Z06. the Z06 should have seats like the ZR-1.

the interior is ok... nothing to brag about though

5. fudd

fudd New Member

It's going to happen, people have to find something wrong with a car that has so much to offer. They are jealous of it's sexiness.

6. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

it is because it is made by chevy, thats the ONLY reason, ferrari could have the same exact interior, and everyone would love it.

7. thedguy

thedguy New Member

That so far is the best arguement against the interior I think is valid.

I keep hearing that the cars interior is complete trash and yada yada yada, and quite frankly I don't see it. I was given the impression it was a 2002 Chevy Malibu. In my opinion the interior is better than my bro's e30, or several friends e36's.

I guess you guys are right in that those who bitch are just trying to fault the car for being a Chevy.

8. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

Some people just hate GM and would probably bitch about it even if it was $50K.

:rolleyes:

9. rzzth

rzzth New Member

Wow so your comparing a 2006 chevy sports car to low-end bmws that came out in 1986 and 1991? :rofl:

10. thedguy

thedguy New Member

E36's. And I hear several people say it's interior is better. But I have sat in the latest BMW 3 series and the M5, and was very disappointed with both, not what I expected for a car that wasn't built to do one thing very well like the vette.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  11. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

I was watching the Top Gear guys complain about the C6's interior, then I watched another Top Gear with the Stryker V8 (or whatever it's called), and saw the difference between a cheap interior and a nice interior.

Although I still like my saying: "You can keep your wood grain dead weight and brushed aluminum bullshit. I'll keep my light weight cheap plastics."

The interior in my 4th gen Z28 is pretty hideous, thats why I'm taking it out and putting a huge cage in it's place.

12. thedguy

thedguy New Member

I practically was raised 3rd gen Camaros, the 4th not being a lot better I can say I'd do the exact same:bigthumb:.

Aluminum dash FTW!

13. Diesel4mee

Diesel4mee U.P. > L.P. OT Supporter

must agree that this is the best arguement against teh z0's interior. Yet this is hardly anything to dissuade anyone from the infinite appeal of teh car. it is hands down the greatest car ever made. For all that it has nothing can compare whatsoever. No other car can do as follows: 0-60 3.4s, [email protected] 1/4mile, 70mph-0 144ft., 1g skidpad, 70.3mph slalom, $65,000, and 22 cubic ft. of luggage space. Nothing is close or can compare whatsoever.

14. 97venge

97venge New Member

if GM spent the time and resources to make the interior much nicer than the price would go up and people would bitch and complain that its too expensive

people suck, they will find something wrong with anything