Saw Palmetto

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2000GT, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

So apparantly enlarged enlarged prostate is a problem in my family... and after a violating doctor visit and 6 weeks of antibiotics I am still pissing 4 or 5 times a night.
    Not looking forward to going back to the doc for the finger, so I am went to try saw palmetto which he suggested as a remedy.

Tonight is the first night I took it, about an hour before bed, and dunno if its a coincedence, but I am WIDE awake. Is there something I dont know about this stuff, anyway, anyone else have this problem? I gotta be up at 5:30 tomorrow as per usual and its after 12 with no site of sleep ahead, so it seems.

Perhaps I should start taking this stuff with my breakfast instead of dinner.

2. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I take it first thing in the morning.

There was a recent study that showed that saw palmetto doesn't reduce BPH but if i recall correctly, the study did use extreme cases of BPH.

This is the link to the thread but the original link to the study is down....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=697649

Personally I found it helps... I don't have to get up at night anymore. At least not more than once if that.

Someone posted on another forum, that it affects t-levels. Ever heard that?

3. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Thanks for the thread link :) The link in that thread to the article was dead, but the actual thread was also for those 35 and older...
    I am curious to see what the sides of this stuff is.

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

That where I mostly hang out when in bb.com....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.