SRS Saw my first crush for the first time in 9 years :)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kerberos, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

Yesterday, that is, I saw the girl that I had a crush on in secondary 1 (Grade 7). I was going up an escalator at school and she was going down the other escalator with a friend of a friend. So I asked the friend to contact her friend and see what she could do. The only thing I remember about her is that in secondary 1, I was all proud of my 87% average and she came up to me and asked me how much I had as average. I said "I could tell you but you'll be jealous", she said to say it anyways. I said 87%, she answered that she had a 92% average. Monumental burn I know :). She wasn't interested in me in secondary 1 and I understand since at that time I was the smallest guy in the class, a nerd and quite socially inept, but do you think it could work 9 years later? She still looks pretty much the same as 9 years ago: still has those big droopy blue eyes and those long blonde hair.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  2. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Chances are she's married with kids.

But you'll never know until you find out.

3. GizmoR

GizmoR New Member

take your favorite:
    -------------------------------

Don’t beg for the right to live — take it.

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.
    (Confucius)

Live in the moment.

Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
    (Les Brown)

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
    though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
    neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
    that knows not victory nor defeat."

The greatest risk in life is to do not take any.

4. johan

johan Active Member

The question of whether it could work is quite irrelevant. Who is to know?

The only question you should ask yourself is: how quickly can you get ready to meet her.
    Do not leave it longer than 2 weeks. In fact, 1 week should be more than enough.

Make contact by next Wednesday. Arrange to meet her on Friday.
    If she says she's busy, propose a different date.
    If she says no again, drop it. The end.

She can contact you instead (meaning she never actually will, but you knew that already).

Good luck.

5. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I don't have her info yet: my friend is working on it. She didn't even see me, and I doubt she would have even recognized me. I grew at least a foot since then, don't wear glasses anymore, gained over 70 pounds (of muscle). The only reason I recognized her is that her eyes and expression are easy to identify and are the same as 9 years ago. But, I would definitely arrange to meet her as soon as possible. Who cares if she's married with kids etc: I mostly want to see her because it's the first time I see anyone from my high school in like 5 years.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Go for it. Even if she's married that's really cool :)

7. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

It would be quite surprising that a 22 year old girl in University be married.

8. Fred91GTA

Fred91GTA New Member

Heh... dude, I'm in the same situation you are... except advanced. After my ex-gf broke up with me, I ran into a girl I had a crush on in HS but never did anything about. We talked for a bit, but me being an idiot didn't get her number. Kept thinking about how great she looked. Haven't seen her in 5 years. She hasn't changed either. I on the other hand... went to the military, gained 30 lbs of muscle, changed hairstyle (ala prerequisite crew cut/shaved head). Long story short, we had a mutual friend, and neither me nor my friend had her number, but her friend knew what school she was going to which was in the city so I went and hung around there and ran into her again, and invited her to join me for some coffee and stimulating conversation and asked her for a date that Friday. She said no, but she'd be free Saturday, and that's that. The entire time, I just didn't expect anything as I figured, well, I haven't seen or talked to her in 5 years, chances are she's not interested or has a bf, but what's the worst that could happen if I ask anyway? Nothing to it man. Just go for it. If you get a date, you get a date. If not, no big deal. Just go there not expecting anything and you'll be fine.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005