Saw MGMT/Gran Buffet/Of Montreal this weekend

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ascelon, Feb 13, 2006.

1. ascelon

ascelon giants amongst tiny kings

And I was quite dissapointed. I've been diggin' MGMT's stuff for quite some time now (www.cantorarecords.com), and wasnt expecting much from Gran Buffet. MGMT does synthed beats with nice vocals (non-edm). They decided to play the show though with instruments. Good, but not what I expected. The concert went downhill from there, I'm not a terribly large Of Montreal fan nor had I ever seen them in concert before. They have a good presence, but I wasnt feeling the music nor the lead signer. He changed outfits more than Elton John :squint:

2. kevin1

kevin1 New Member

I missed out on seeing Of Montreal twice in like 2 weeks cause they kept selling out. What's your avatar from? I know I've seen it before.

3. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

I loved the first few Of Montreal records, but after Gay Parade it just got a little... too much.

4. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

I saw them down here, and they ruled. Grand Buffet ruled and so did Of Montreal. MGMT was actually the band I didn't like at all.

5. ascelon

ascelon giants amongst tiny kings

MGMT's cd I loved. Their show was NOT their cd and it was 120% different. I agree, there's a little bit too much flamboyancy in Of Montreal's new stage act for my tastes.