MIL Saw Army ROTC tonight @ football game =\

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Insdav3, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

So i'm at Western Michigan University's football season opener tonight with some people. The Army ROTC has the duty to fire the cannon each time we score a touchdown or fieldgoal.

Pretty cool, no complaints. They looked pretty squared away. Then as the first quarter passes I see them going down to boots and Uts. They are wearing stupid raggity misc t-shirts under their blouses. Some of them even come in the stands and stand around with their friends in the student section. Walking and eating, walking and talking on their cell phones while still in boots and uts in front of everyone. Fucking nasty and it's too bad that they don't know any better.

I wish I had a D.I. smiley.

2. Capitals

Capitals Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

rotc will always be nasty. just the way of the world. :dunno: never seen anyone get any kind of respect in boot or the fleet for being rotc. just laughed at.

3. Capitals

Capitals Guest

that wasn't the point.

they should be taught not to walk and smoke/talk on the phone etc.. in uniform. one of the first things you learn about customs and courtisies. it dosen't matter where you are, if you're in uniform you need to act professional, espically if you're in front of a bunch of civilians. this is why i can't stand rotc, people look at them as a representation of our military but at the same time they don't expect themselves to uphold the same kind of professionalisim because they're civilians.

waste of time and money if you ask me.

4. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I'm sorry, but no.

5. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I guess It's because our cammies are not to be worn anywhere but on base / duty or to and from home. You don't go sit with your friends acting like retards in a University's stadium.

6. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

That's not how it was at A&M at all... For football games we had walk through before each game and seniors were allowed to stay on the field/work the cannon. The rest of us either left or had to purchase tickets to watch the game. Those with tickets had to be in the stands, however Aggie tradition dictates no sitting during the football game. Also we had to remain completely in uniform and there was no smoking/talking on cells while in uniform.

7. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

no smoking or talking on your cell :ugh:
    this isnt basic training, they do go to college you know
    its not like they are sitting around in uniform scratching their balls or something.

8. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

When I was in active duty, we could talk, chat, smoke, use the cellphone while in uniform.. hell, our CO was smoking next to us with his whites on chatting with us. yeah, if it was some kind of training camp like bootcamp, no u can't do all the things while in uniform but when you're out, it doesn't really matter(esp ROTC people since they're still students)

9. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

i remember when i first started flight school at pensacola, and all the marines would get upset that us AF types would go to the store/gas station/restaurant in our flight suits. a friend of mine even got bitched at by a marine (same rank, O-1) for wearing her flight suit to wal*mart.

not everyone's a marine. and our flights suits aren't "utilities" - they're regular duty uniforms.

10. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Yes they do go to college, as do I. However, when i'm done and off base I know better than to walk around and go to everyday places in my cammies. The phone and talking on cell is a minor thing, but what got to me was that they were representing the armed forces, mingling in crowds with boots and Uts (with stupid ass t-shirts) on. Off duty, take off your uniform and put on your civvies. :slap:

The most I would ever do in my cammies is either
    a) get gas
    b) DRIVE THROUGH fast food.

11. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

We drive through fast food in BDU's and with the Govy!

12. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

:o window bitches love it.

13. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

well thats the difference b/t you and me, and my army and your corps
    i dont feel the need to go change uniform just to talk on my cell phone.
    ROTC isnt like being off duty on a post. They had to be in uniform for the beginning of the game, and then they could go up in the stands. Do you think they should remove their uniforms just to go smoke and joke with their friends. I dont, unless they are drinking.
    As for the stupid ass tshirts, i dont know if you mean underneath their bdu jackets or what, but if its in violation of the uniform then that needs to be corrected, but if its something their entire battalion does, then i guess thats their own thing.

14. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

yeah,, navy is the same way. For some ODD reason, we, the enlisted couldn't wear our coveralls ouside the OPS side but officers could wear it anywhere they wanted to.. in base or off.. :mad: btw, are you pilot yet? I am trying to graduate my college then rejoin the navy as a pilot... I can't wait..

15. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

if someone bitched me out and they're in same rank as me,, I would be like "fuck off"... I hate people like that. they think they're shithot and telling people what to and not to do... in same rank

16. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

yeah i have my wings, but i'm a navigator

the whole "utility" uniform thing seems to be mainly a navy/marine corps thing. i can't speak for the army, but the AF considers a flight suit or cammies a regular uniform and you can wear it pretty much anywhere that the civilian attire is similar (mainly, the store, casual restaurants, etc). we used to go to chilis and hooters all the time for lunch when i was at randolph AFB.

apparently the navy is really mellowing out on it though - in the old days they used to have to drive into work in khakis, change into their flight suit (or other utility uniform), and change again before leaving. now they're allowed to wear them for "short convenience stops" like getting gas and stuff.

17. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Got pictures of Hooters (or what is left of it) here in Biloxi.