Saw a poster for Jumper - anyone read the book?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by eideteker, Dec 26, 2007.

1. eideteker

eideteker Who jarked off in my frakkin' coffee? OT Supporter

I read the book when I was younger and always thought it would be a good movie. I'm not sure I'm feeling Hayden Christensen as the main character, but it seems like most of the original story is intact (with the requisite Hollywood tweaks, I'm sure).

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Never heard of it before. Can you summarize the story for us? :x:

3. Joe_Cool

Saw a commercial for it the other day, and it looks very cool. Samuel L Jackson and Michael Rooker together might be enough to make up for Hayden Christensen. :x:

4. Jaeger

Jaeger Guest

Shit, I thought it was a Flash movie at first. :o

5. eideteker

eideteker Who jarked off in my frakkin' coffee? OT Supporter

Kid in his early teen years realizes he can teleport (but only to places he's physically been to before). Runs (jumps?) away from home, robs a bank by jumping into the vault, starts a new life on his own. His father was physically abusive, his mom is dead, he starts trying to avenge his mother's death by thwarting terrorist attacks around the world. FBI (or possibly a quasi-governmental cabal, can't remember) begin trying to capture him to study his talent...and I need to re-read it because I forget how it ends.

One thing I noticed in the trailers I've seen that they seem to have gotten right - he can only teleport to places he's been, but he keeps pictures of everywhere he's been to remind himself how to get back there (in a way).

Also, as a result of this book if I were given the choice of one superhuman power it would be teleportation. :bigthumb:

6. Joe_Cool

So did anybody see the movie? How was it?