GUN Savage Rifles

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by aesopROCK, Feb 5, 2004.

1. aesopROCK

aesopROCK joggin butt naked down sunset blvd in Los Angeles

2. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Well the new savage's are nice and very accurate straight out of the box, I had the 10FP-LE2B but sold it to a friend recently. I can't stand the Choate stock like that one has though. My opinion is that is not a good first rifle anyway. Have you ever shot a rifle before? If so how much and what? A .308 IMO isn't the best beginner caliber, I would look into something a little cheaper and maybe a slightly smaller caliber like .223 etc. Another question is what do you plan on using it for? Savage has some other models in the 10FP series that are nice and quite a bit cheaper than that. http://www.savagearms.com/10fp.htm You can get that in .223. Then you could buy a decent scope and still be cheaper than the one you posted, they don't even say what scope is on that one, but it looks pretty cheap. I also reccomend the 700 series Remingtons, most are under $500, are available in pretty much every caliber you can think of, and are highly upgradeable in the future if you choose.

3. mrbill

mrbill New Member

there is also the Remmington 710(rifle and scope combo) Academy has them listed at $320 and you can get .270 or 30-06. Walmart also has them, but they want a bit more. what you get is up to you, but i wouldn't get anything over a .270 unless you know you can handle the recoil. try to shoot some different riflles in different calibers and see what you like best.