Saturns

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NVMY03GT, Sep 28, 2005.

1. NVMY03GT

NVMY03GT New Member

Alright kids, my Lease is coming up on terminating here very shortly. That is if Repo man comes and gets it :(

FORTUNATELY I have a friend who has a car just sitting around collecting dust, and he knows my credit situation. He said he'd GIVE me the car free of charge, title transfer etc.. So I was like Dayum hell yeah.

Two problems with it. Needs one seat put in (seat is MIA - I don't know how but thing is gone). And the Tranny needs some work as Reverse doesn't work at all. Can this be fixed or do you think it needs a NEW tranny??

Only thing bad about it is manual windows and locks. But Im looking into getting those replaced with Electric. Nto sure how but I know they can do Celenoids and shit like that.

Thoughts comments? I realize this is American Muscle and Saturn isn't exactly "MUSCLE" but... Only American thread I found :(

2. Fareo

Fareo New Member

givin the condtion of the car and the fact that there is no reverse id say its safe to asume that the tranny is toast, but im not ASE ceritfied.. :dunno: try pick n pull for the seat.

also i wouldnt swap out the windows... power windows are overrated. everycar ive owned has had manual windows expect for my new dakota, and its more of a hassle then anything. it can be nice every now and then but i used to beable to just speed the windows up when i parked and my battey died the other day in it and i couldnt roll the windows up.:noes:

if a car has power windows eh whatever dont pass it up becasue of that, but the amount of time and effort it would take to convert it, it really wouldnt be worth it.

3. NVMY03GT

NVMY03GT New Member

95 SL1

4. NVMY03GT

NVMY03GT New Member

Thanks for the link man I added it.

I had a 95 Saturn SC2 for a long time, and she started to climb to 104,000 Miles. It burned oil so I thought I'd take on the payment of a brand new car.

3 years later Im stuck in a lease with a $400 a month car payment cursing at the hunk of metal every day. POS :lol: