MMA Satoko Shinashi vs Hisae Watanabe 3?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by kroneX, Mar 3, 2009.

1. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Is anyone thinking this match is a possibility at all?

I mean first time they fought Shinashi scored a mad heel hook, second time Satoko got KTFO by Watanabe for the title so it sets up a pretty nice 3 fight, especially when Watanabe is the champ.

Does anyone else think this fight is a possibility or probability, If it does happen, i can't wait for it...

Or does Satoko need to go through some other fighters first?

what do you guys think?

2. kroneX

kroneX New Member

ITT: A dead discussion cause no one follows female MMA.

well at least if this chat does get started it won't be filled with Joe Cools and other TUF noobs

3. Spectatorsport

Spectatorsport OT Supporter

I like Satoko a lot but if her fight goes to a decision she will probably lose it. It seems the only way she can win is via submission a la Shinya Aoki. She has a pretty sweet background in judo, sambo, and bjj but she could definately utilizing her striking more. Watanabe isn't a great match up for Satako since with her KO power and kick boxing background. The first fight was pretty sick though since I think Watanabe had to be taken off in a searcher after the ankle lock. I would definately watch them for a 3rd match up, though. I think Satoko could challenge right away and wouldn't need to fight any other people. It just seems like neither person can hold the title for an extended period of time.

My favorite female fighter though is Megumi Fujii, I would like to see either of the ladies above square off against her, also it's too bad Gina Carano is in the 140-150 lb range but it would be pretty cool to watch her fight a girl with a better ground game. I think all 3 japanese fighters are around 48-52 kg, which is just 100-115 lbs.