Sanyo 8100

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Outlier, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Outlier

Outlier New Member

Recently my phone went through the washing machine. When I got it out I didn't even both trying to turn it on, I just let it sit out for a few days. Went to turn it on and amazingly it still worked...except for the main screen. I can still receive calls, call people even the LCD on the front works fine. The camera is also operational.

My question is..how do I go about getting the main screen functional agian? And if it is possible, how much am I looking to spend?

2. BradBell

BradBell New Member

My guess is that it will probably not work properly again. There is also probably a tell tail on the back of the battery that indicates that the phone has been wet.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

This is true, but his phone is so old that he would most likely be out of warranty anyway.

Sprint is now offering a new extended warranty plan, you sign up for it on the spot ($3 a month) and they'll swap out the phone. He could use that.

4. happyrobots

happyrobots Ü

I don't mean to bump an old thread, but my phone has been fully submerged twice (same phone).
    I didn't do anything special to make it work again, probably did it all wrong one time (turning it off and on, and charging it).
    To this day, it works very very well. The only problem is sometimes it will ring when on vibrate. Not a huge problem though.

5. sting

sting OT Supporter

best phone ever :bowdown:

i've had my pearl white 8100 for over 2 years now