1. About a year ago i spent a lot of time with a renounced Tibetan monk in Boston, Ma. He had quite a few tattoo's on his body and I always loved the way they looked. We spent alot of time talking about religion and life.

Well i've decided to get my first bit of INK. I would like the words Mother, Father, Brother, and Wife in sanskrit or devengari script. If any one knows of some one that can translate or even write the words down in script for me, that would be great. I'd be willing to pay someone to write in really good script for me. I'm looking to get them put on my upper arms 2 of the words on each arm starting at the top of my arm and stretching down to my elbow maybe an inch or 2 thick.

Any one got any good sanskrit or the like tattoo's i'd love to see pics!!!

thanks in advance.
    Tris

2. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

Do a quick google search on sanskrit translation. You'll find numerous places that'll do it for you.

3. Thanks, I've done that quite a few times, but even using ITRANS (a sankrit and hindi translator) sometimes i get different scripts when i enter the same thing to be converted. I'm not sure if there are a lot of different dialects, but i just dont trust it unless i find someone that is fluent.

These will be my first tattoo's and i want them correct seeing as they will mean a lot to me.

tris

4. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

There are places that do translations professionally. You of course would need to pay them, but you'd have the peace of mind that what you're getting tattooed is actually what you want.
    http://www.appliedlanguage.com/languages/sanskrit_translation.shtml
    Try them. They'll give you a quote on the translation before you order.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Could you not contact the monk you stayed with and have him translate it for you?