GUN San Francisco pushing for handgun ban

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143081,00.html

These people are fucking unreal. :rolleyes:

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Considering your comment about the constitution, I can already tell you are going to be one lousy and even dangerous cop unless you learn that police are there to protect people's constitutional rights, not dismiss them like you just did. Maybe once you graduate and make it to the streets you will learn, but I for one would not want you in my dept. Let me give you a little insider info. We are the ones who show up to pick up the pieces. If someone calls reporting they are being attacked , they will on average have another 8 minutes before we arrive. Most LEOs know this and are not only behind civilians owning firearms, but the majority of CCW instructors are LEO/ex-LEO. There is a reason for this that you will hopefully come to find out soon.

3. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

Stupid homos...

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Hollowpoint, you are an idiot. A complete fucking idiot.

5. lvkyle

lvkyle I am a punk rocker!

The second someone shows up at my doorstep breaking down my door trying to take my guns away is the second I put a bullet right between their eyeballs.

Murder isn't some abnormally that occurs only in gun cultures. It's been a part of human life civilized and uncivilized since the beginning of time. Take away the power of the people, which is their weapons and then you will have government control of everything. Their will be no room for individuals only comrades. There will be more corruption, crime, and war on a grade scale than ever before. You can pretty much kiss the USA and the world goodbye because we will end up blowing it up.

We are not yet an evolved enough species to take away the weapons of the people and give the power to the select few government officials who are under the influence corporate America.

Hollowpoint, i suggest you forget everything you've been told in college and start using the creative part of your brain. College has obviously turned you into a linguistic gay pride liberal. Being intelligent isn't remembering a string of facts or what your college history professor told you about the Constitution. Try thinking outside the box.

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Guess where all the criminals are heading now if this passes... easy prey!

7. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:wtf:

You seem REALLY intelligent.

8. lvkyle

Criminals wont move there. People will just adapt and change accordingly.

When I was a young lad with a hot temper my parents taught me not to start fight because the other kid may have a weapon. Well I had to learn the hard way. After having been cut, knives waved in front of my face and staring down the barrel of a .22 lr I changed my ways.
    A large amount of people in Vegas have guns and you should know you have a good chance of getting shot if you pick a fight with the wrong crowd.

With this fear taken away at such a grand scale as San Fransisco the changes will be totally unpredictable and extremely dangerous. You can expect more domestic battery, street fighting, and more violence involving long rifles and knives.

In a perfect and intelligent world filled with humans that have a higher IQ than 75 you might want to test such a law at a lower scale and report your findings. Of coarse poverty, wealth, education and population will all have effects on the accuracy of such a laws benefits and cons, but it isn't rocket science and it can be calculated.

Once you look through all the bullshit it comes down to one simple plan.

California being the lead of corporate government control taking the power away from the people and giving it to the top .05 rich in the world.
    If this trend doesn't stop sometime soon we will find our species extinct.

Have a good day.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  9. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Yes, the second amendment is crazy, we shouldnt be following anything over 200 years old. You know what else is 200 years old? The first amendment! Lets get rid of that, lets abolish all religions except chrisitanity! I don't want any goddamned Muslims praying to Allah around here. And lets stop letting people say what they want, we don't need and commie liberal whacko criticizing the governmnet! Hey, you know what else is 200 years old? The 3rd amendment! Come on everybody, it costs too much to house soldiers on bases, so why don't we force everyone to keep soldiers in their houses? You're right, if something is 200 years old, we shouldn't believe it. Anything 200 years old is just plain crazy.

10. lvkyle

:rofl: :rofl:

11. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

:ugh:

12. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

So it stopped 37 murders but how many did it create because criminals now know it's less likely for the person they're robbing to have a gun? Do you think criminals run down to the local gun store to purchase their handguns? I don't think so... my cousin go arrested some years ago when some guy sold him a handgun behind a gas station... That's where they get their guns!

Plus, having a gun vs. not having a gun won't stop all crimes of passion or anger... I bet you got a kitchen with knives in it... gotta ban those too... Baseball bats, crow bars, tire irons... they can be used to beat someone to death. Guess we gotta ban them too. The list can go on...

K, you do that when someone is in your house with a gun... Or what do you do if it happens out on the street to you?

13. lvkyle

3 unarmed criminals inside your house vrs you with a baseball bat.

I put my money on them over powering you then inserting your bat into a very uncomfortable place before they take off with your belongings and wife/kids.

Remember hollowpoint,, think out side the box. It's called survival situations.

14. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

No, it won't. It'll make those 37 murderers grab steak knives in their fit of passion and anger.

The Constitution can fuck itself? This coming from someone who wants to be a cop? :gtfo2:

15. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

AHahahahaha roofles....:bowdown:

I guess that makes the DOI not matter...lol.

16. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

please do not be a cop with that attitude.

17. Jefferson Darcy

oh and from what I understand this law would be in violation of california state law that no city can make firearms laws stricter than that of the state, so no one would be under any obligation to follow that law.

18. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

Indeed. That whole freedom of the press thing was ok when we had to actually write things, and use manual presses, but jesus now that we have this internet thing and computers and typing, things are just out of control. I heard somebody just the other day say that they don't like President Bush. They sent an email to 10 other people too saying the same thing. They didn't have to reload the press or email or anything, it was like fully automatic.

This is madness.

19. RealFastV6

RealFastV6 OMFGh4x0rzZ!!111

:bowdown:

20. hitnrun99

hitnrun99 New Member

QFMFT++

21. wufei

wufei New Member

i do not want to see that guy be in any government posistion ever. be it cop, elected official, or janitor. ever.

22. johan

johan Active Member

Actually, I think SF banning handguns is an EXCELLENT idea. Absolutely terrific. It will suck for the citizens of SF, but it's a real win for everyone else.

You see, every so often, people's memories get foggy and forget that these experiments have been tried before. Tried and failed. Like Washington DC in 76.

So it's about time to try it again and and have fresh data showing that banning guns, handguns or otherwise, will not produce the safe streets everybody wants.

And then maybe the debate can move forward from issues of mere gun control.

23. chiseenchinaman

chiseenchinaman New Member

its not going to pass

24. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

never under estimate the stupidity of Californians. .50 caliber bolt action rifles are now considered "assault weapons" over there. I give it a 50/50 chance of passing right now.

25. Jefferson Darcy

you dont understand, its not about safe streets... its about banning guns.

the people who are behind this dont care if it makes the city safer.