Samsung SyncMaster T220HD, T240HD, T260HD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Wolf Demon, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

Does anyone know if there are newer versions planned for these? I've seen the same 3 for the last year or two and nothing new. I'd like to get the T260HD but I don't want to end up getting one right before a new version comes out.

I like having the 1920 by 1200 resolution for using my computer and having the built in TV tuner is great because that allows me to use my logitech harmony with it for playing console games

2. ady

ady New Member

I doubt you'll see anything until CES in January at least. I'd say you are safe to buy now.

Anyway, if current trends are anything to go by they will only probably change the resolution to 1920x1080, give it poorer performance or colour accuracy, increase the contrast ratio printed on the spec sheet to some ridiculous level and add some connectivity options.

3. Wolf Demon

Have they stopped making quality LCD's? :(

4. ady

ady New Member

What I've seen is 24"+ used to be high quality only and then as Dell did their deals and forced prices down 1920x1200 displays have become more common and the quality has been lowered ascompanies fight on price causing the better quality 24"+ displays to rise in price.

Basically you aren't going to see sub $400 24" displays get the quality of the $600-$1,000 ones any time soon. They will just add features that they can market and try and reduce their costs.

Buy now if you want it, I'd just reccomend you try and view any display you get in person.

5. Wolf Demon

My ex roommate had the T240HD and it was fantastic for me. I've never had an HDTV before so I don't have anything to really reference it to though besides my parents LG 47"

I'm just opting for the larger size for the sake of having it possible be my main TV for some time so I'd have a decent size to sit back on a couch to watch too