Samsung i700 questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TotalEclipse, Jul 20, 2004.

1. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse Guest

Does anyone have the Samsung i700? I am looking to purchase one for the president of our company and don't want any problems. How has it worked for you and what complications have you had? I want to make this as painless as possible.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

i recall someone here saying the other day that samsung rarely puts out good phones.

:dunno:

3. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Dunno about the i700 but the i600 was really nice...Just make sure the president of your organization doesn't have an accent or the samsung may not be able to understand him when he tries to 'voice train' his phone.

4. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

I've got the i700...

All around, I love it. It's awesome - although it's somewhat of an akward phone. I bought it initially wanting to use it foremost as a phone, and secondly as a PDA/Pocket PC, but that's really not a good route to go if that's what you want.

As do all windows products, it does hang every now and then, but that can be fixed by pressing the Reset button on the back of the unit, with your Stylus...

Um... I can't think of much else - maybe only that you should buy Spb Pocket Plus 2.0/2.1 once you purchase the phone for your boss/whoever, since it makes the phone a lot more productive.

One thing is for sure: if you're no-good (as most CEO's seem to be) with computers/windows, this is NOT a phone for you.

Any other questions, ask away.

5. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

I'd have to disagree with that statement, if my LG VX6000 hadn't been free (actually got paid $20 to buy it), I'd have probably gotten the A670 instead. Also wouldn't mind having the new Samsung VM-A680 but it's offered by Sprint and I like Verizon's service the best (so far).

6. maczter

disagreeing that i recall someone saying that, or disagreeing with what i recall them saying? ;)

7. deadW8

deadW8 New Member

Ha ha ha, :) you know I'm disagreeing with the statement itself that samsung puts out good phones.

I just wish the VM-A680 was on VZW instead of Sprint. :sigh:

8. maczter

So...if you're disagreeing with the statement that Samsung puts out good phones, that would mean you think they put out bad phones, right? ;)