Samsung E-715... worth it?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Nexttohuman, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Nexttohuman

Nexttohuman Guest

Anyone have that new Samsung e715? Im getting a new phone this week and was just wondering if it's worth the extra $100 over the Motorola v300.

2. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Well I was reading the latest issue of Stuff magazine and they rated it the best camera phone on the market. I would honestly go for it, I like the styling but it could be that I do not like motorola products that much.

3. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

I picked one up a few weeks ago. This phone is awesome. The camera has a built in flash as well. Pictures can be up to 640x480. You can take pics without even opening the phone up. The external lcd will even display like a normal lcd on a digi cam. (although in a green hue) If your looking for a new phone that takes pictures, doesnt have gay antenna, gets better reception then any other phone ive ever used... this is it.

4. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Yep if Spritn had this phone I would buy it, but I went with teh Sprint version of this phone whihc is an a620(same camera and flash) but has some kewl features the E715 does not.

5. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

No bluetooth. Enough said.

6. Old School Pervert

Old School Pervert New Member

I own it. It's a great phone. Here's a picture taken with it if you want to get an idea of how good the quality is:
    [​IMG]
    fyi: it's been cropped and re-sized.

I've owned 2 camera phones before this one and none even remotely compare to it as far as picture quality and features go, especially with the flash option. One real cool feature that I like is, with the phone closed, you can turn on the flash and use it as a flashlight. Comes in handy. There's also cool picture options: special effects (negative, embossed, black&white, sketch, mirror), frames, zoom, etc.

A few complaints though:
    1. When scrolling through your call log or text message or whatever, it LAAAAAAAAAAGS!
    2. No bluetooth.
    3. When you're sending a text message and it's defaulted as the first person in your phone book, rather than the last person you sent a text message to. I've owned Samsung phones before and it never did this before. I guess they left it out by mistake :dunno:
    4. No bluetooth.
    5. Quality of picture degrades when sent to another person.
    6. And..ehh.. no bluetooth :hs:
    The phone is near-perfect despite those minor problems (besides bluetooth-a major one). As far as the design of the actual phone, that's perfect! I like the two-tone, and the intenna (internal antenna) is real sleek! Anyway, you'll definitely forget the extra $100 you spent on this phone over the Motorola V300 once you have it in your hand.

7. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

This is a bug in the firmware on the phone. Some of the early phones had this bug. Call Tmobile and they'll replace it. Either that or find someone to reflash the phone.

BTW, I have this phone too. It pretty much kicks ass.

8. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

i have this phone too, def. kicks ass. How do you take pictures without opening it up though? i haven't figured that out yet. Same with the flashlight thing, how do you do that?