Samsung BDP 1400

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by El Beaner, Apr 30, 2008.

1. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok I know these are still retailing for $399.99 at BB and CC, just wondering if they are worth it?

I can pick one up locally from CL for $250 and is in immaculate condition.

Anyone have any cons with this player?

I have read that load times can be in the 30-50 sec which honestly I could care less about load time. Pic quality and sound is the most important thing.

2. cacique78

cacique78 Member

3. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

4. cacique78

cacique78 Member

Go for it it's a great player :x:

5. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok I bit the bullet last night and picked it up for an awesome deal. I picked it up from a guy on CL who did it as an impulse buy and was out of the return period window. Traded $208 BB GC(I got for returning GH III bundle from Conga and the GC from BB for the whole HDDVD fiasco) plus $40 cash(he wanted $50 but haggled a bit) - so in realty $40 of my own money got a pretty decent bluray player it seems - immaculate condition, no dents/scratches anywhere on the unit.

After rearranging my entertainment center(this thing is pretty large compared to current generation DVD players) and I had to go with Digital Coax instead of Toslink for the sound(current receiver only passes through 1080p on HDMI and my two Toslink ports are being used by my Uverse and 360 - something that will be remedied later down the road) Then hooked up the LAN and did the updates (apparantly the prev owner never did it cause it took nearly 30 minutes to update the the player and firmware)

I have got to say that the picture Bluray produces is absolutely amazing. I have the 360 HDDVD addon right now and the bluray *seems* to be a better picture(but that could honestly just be my perception of it since this is my new favorite toy)

Last edited: May 1, 2008