LGBT Same sex marriage

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jaaaman, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaaaman

Jaaaman Guest

Gay activists are asking one to accept the premise that marriage belongs to a particular person in the first place. Guess what, it doesn't. The institution of marriage is much larger than any one person and is not subject to the whim of any one society.

Legally, Marriage is: "The civil status, condition or relation of one man and one woman united in law for life, for the discharge to each other and the community of the duties legally incumbent upon those whose association is founded on the distinction of sex." Black's Law Dictionary, (Fourth Edition)

No matter what the MA Supreme Judicial Court wants to pretend, homosexual relationships, no matter how "loving", are not marriages. They can never be marriages. Marriage is unique in that it is founded upon the distinction between the opposite sexes.

If I have an Orange in my Hand, and I insist to you that it is an apple, That doesn't make it an apple. No matter how much I personally believe or want what I have in my hand to be an apple, it does not make it an apple. No Court, No Law, No Edict and No amount of insistance can change the fact, that what I hold in my hand is still an orange.

Marriage is a unique relationship between a man and a woman BASED ON THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE IN SEX. That last point, of which I keep harping is key.

Without the fundamental difference in sex, you can't have a marriage. What makes a marriage a marriage is the unique relationship based on the Distinction of the sexes.

This is the precise conclusion that the Kentucky Court of appeals reached in Jones V Hallahan when they said:
    In substance, the relationship proposed by the appellants does not authorize the issuance of a marriage license because what they propose is not a marriage.

This is the precise reason that the Minnesota Supreme Court in Baker V Nelson stated:

n commonsense and in a constitutional sense, there is a clear distinction between a marital restriction based merely upon race and one based upon the fundamental difference in sex.

(This position was affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court; Baker V Nelson 409 U.S. 810)
    It is not the job of Congress to help a minority play pretend. It is not the job of any court, it is not a function of government.

This entire issue is soley about a small and vocal minority trying to use the power of government, to rewrite the definition of a word so they can gain acceptance and approval.

Just as government doesn't have the power to issue edicts pretending that the Sky is Red, neither do activists have the power to use government to pretend that their relationships are a marriage.

2. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I really think you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Most of your rambling is incoherent. I could go into what's wrong with your entire statement, but I feel that it would be a waste of time on my part to try and make your feeble little mind wrap itself around the idea that society must evolve.

3. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

:ugh2:

That said, the same argument could be applied to your stance. Just because you are pro-oppression and anti-equality, doesn't mean our society should follow your whims.

Again, your logic is flawless™ OMG, did you hear the Dell dude was busted for pot and interracial marriages were legalized!!!!!111!!!one!! Only simpletons can't evolve with society and cling-on to what is 'known' and 'safe' to them.

I won't even begin to talk to you about how little you understand of things. What if I told you that that isn't an apple in your hand and you only think it is because society has told you to think that?

But that philosophical debate is clearly outside of your limited comprehension.

Are you a raging racist also? You probably cry every night about how you are oppressed by African Americans. Yeah, they are so deviant to have fought for their civil rights.

You are a complete idiot, but I want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your opinion. It refreshes my sense of purpose that it is people like you that I have to fight against to receive the basic rights that any heterosexual douche takes for granted.

And to finally end your existence and argument, ever hear of Nazi Germany. That government didn't convince a whole country that one minority group was the root of all evil, resulting in the near genocide of a people. But you're right, the Government doesn't have the power to influence and shape society to its own whims.

Please, GTFO and DIAF.

4. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Hundreds of years ago, "headache" was defined as having evil spirits caught inside your head - which caused the pain. To relieve the pain, the only cure was to drill a hole in your head, chant a little, and release the evil spirits inside.

Hundreds of years ago, the practice of "blood letting" was quite popular in order to cleanse the body and remove filth.

Over the course of thousands of years, medicine has progressed and we have redefined many beliefs and customs.

The definition of "marriage" can be adjusted and redefined in the same way.

Just because a practice or an "institute" was founded on a certain set of beliefs, does not mean that it cannot be altered as the times change and new meaning is discovered.

As far as I'm concerned, if and when my future partner and I decide to make our relationship official, it will be a marriage. I don't care what anyone says and I don't care who recognizes it and who doesn't. If someone doesn't want to recognize my relationship, or my "marriage", then they can kiss my lily-white ass. All that matters is how I, and my partner view our relationship. Everyone else can fuck off. :)

5. [Bartleby]

[Bartleby] New Member

I want to see this universal math equation that defines what marriage is.. Is it a universal constant like the speed of light?

6. Ferron

I think I remember hearing it was:

((37.6x + 1999) * (5000 - Y2K)) / Z = Marriage

See the problem comes in when Z is the type of marriage. 1 million years ago, someone defined heterosexual marriage as 1 and homosexual marriage as 0. Now, do you see where the error comes from. You can't divide by 0.

Dividing by 0 is almost as silly as giving women the right to vote or having equality as a core value in a society.

It's simple math, really, not bigotry.

7. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Marriage as we know it has only been around since the 1600's. There actually is precedent in history for same-sex marriages, although they didn't use the marriage term (no-one did until ~1630).

Marriages only became a religious ceremony because no-one else in most societies could read or write, hence the Minister was the person responsible for registering the union, which eventually evolved into the Minister performing the union, effectively moving it from a secular rite into a religious rite.

As for your logic Jaaaman, it is so flawed that I can't be bothered pointing the obvious errors throughout it.

Regards,
    MapleLeaf
    Student Clergy

8. NFS7

NFS7 Shit, it burns!

i dont feel a secure couple needs to have their love validated by a certificate of marriage.

if two people are secure enough in their love for each other, a validation by a third party is pointless IMO. :)

9. Ferron

That's a valid argument if you apply it to all couples, straight and gay. It's not a credible argument when people speak out against homosexuals wanting to have legally recognized marriages.

And to be completely fair, either offer it to everyone or no one.

10. Jaaaman

Jaaaman Guest

The general idea that "Well most marriages end in divorce anyway.." seems like people are saying "Well Gay marriage is bad, but marriage is bad as it is".
    Just because 70% of it ends in divorce doesn't mean we should mock it anymore, by breaking apart a tradition and sacred to the church. The term 'marriage' itself belongs to the church, they should be allowed to deny anyone access they want. In its roots, the different religions are 'clubs', and should be allowed to decide what they want to do.
    Gay Marriage hurts society as a whole. Without the sole capability of reproducing, it hampers the growth of society, and further leads to the miseducation that this inert ability to reproduce should be acceptable. ("In Defense of Marriage", has studies detailing how the basic function of reproducing in society is one of the major causes for social, cultural, and mental development in society).
    We MUST preserve tradition. Not take advantage of it, because its weakening. If people slowly stopped celebrating the 4th of July, I'd be damned if a bunch of people suddenly wanted to make it "Communist Russia Day" because after all, the 4th of July isn't that popular anyway.
    The State rewards normal functioning traditional families, because they function normally in society, contribute to the societies growth, and are a benefit to the country as a whole. A homosexual couple, no matter how hard they try, cannot cultivate the normal productive enviroment a heterosexual couple can.
    As with many people against Gay Marriage, I personally have nothing against gay couples or what they do behind closed doors. They may think my style of living is wrong, just as I think theirs is, and they are welcome to do what they want, as long as its not degrading our society.

11. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Wow, if anyone thinks that somewhere in all of this there might be a valid point...they'd be wrong. I try to respect people's opinions as much as possible and keep an open mind, but when someone says something this stupid, I just can't.

I'm not even going to bother enumerating the specific horribly retarded and ignorant "points" (if you wish to even call them that) made in his rant. I'll just file it all under bullshit and move on. Ferron and any others who might feel like arguing, I just have this to say: do yourselves a favor and ignore it as well, the topic's been beaten to death anyway.

12. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

After being on this site for almost four years now, I have to have a large dumpster emptied on a weekly basis, b/c of all the bullshit on this site. :o

13. Jaaaman

Jaaaman Guest

Beaten too death? I think I have made some valid points here.... And I am posting them in this forum because I want you all to read these things.....

It is not good to redefine the sacred tradition of marriage on a whim from a select group of people that live alternative lifestyles. Homosexuality is detrimental to society as a whole, and on the participant living such a lifestyle. Homosexuality causes great pain and sorrow for the people living such a lifestyle, as the sexual identity of an individual will not be found with submitting to this lifestyle.

14. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

Your points are biased and flawed, at best. Homosexuality is not a plague, no matter how much you try to justify it as one. Homosexuals participating in a homosexual lifestyle in no way brings them great pain and sorrow. Society's inability to accept that people are different is what brings not only them, but everyone pain and sorrow.

You seriously need to pull your head out of your ass and quit using the Bible as law. No priest would ever say that it is law, but a guide to how you should live life with God.

Not only that, but I am seriously sick and tired of people using the Bible for their defence against homosexuality and forgetting about the Golden Rule, which is also written in the Bible. Not to mention that Jesus Himself forgave Mary Magdelin for her lifestyle. "Let ye who has never sinned, cast the first stone."

God has made people to be who they are. He accepts and loves them for who they are, despite their sins.

15. NOVAJock

No, it doesn't. When I see an Indian couple from India and they are both wearing wedding rings, I look at them as married - regardless of whether or not, they got married in a Catholic church, or a straw hut.

No, Gay Marriage does not hurt society as a whole. By homosexuals not reproducing, it is not going to negatively affect the growth of society. Last but not least relationships between man and woman, man and man, and woman and woman, are NOT based soley on the ability to reproduce.

As I said before, and you've chosen to ignore my point, homosexuals pay taxes. Homosexuals work full-time jobs and contribute to society. Homosexuals are the ones, who, with their generally better financial status, go into neighborhoods that are falling apart, invest in the property, fix it up, and raise the overall value of the property and community. Several examples of this have been seen all over the country. So again, your logic has no basis.

Bullshit. Don't come in here and start posting all this shit about gay marriages - in a forum that is predominantly gay and bi, and then try to get yourself to come out smelling like roses at the end of your posts that are so logically flawed, it's not even funny.

I'm all for freedom of speech and open discussion, even if I don't agree with what's being said, but I'm this shy from looking at you as another troll. :squint:

16. NOVAJock

Valid points? I don't think so, and most of your points here, have had holes blown into them because the logic behind them is poor. And why do you want all of us to read "these things?" What's your agenda?

And as I've stated many times before, homosexuality is not a lifestyle. A lifestyle is the ability to CHOOSE to live an affluent lifestyle if you can afford it. Lifestyle is the ability to CHOOSE to live life like a Harley Davidson owner - getting dressed up in the black leather, black t-shirts and leather chaps, going out riding every weekend. Homoseuxality is not a lifestyle. It's not choice. I didn't wake up one day and say, "I think I'll suck cock and fuck male asses till my cock turns blue."

Again, your logic is flawed.

17. NOVAJock

Regarding your agenda...nevermind...I answered my own question:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=32215995&postcount=1

In the limited time you've been here, as of right now, you have 9 posts. your third post here, was the start of this thread. I think your agenda is quite clear.

Let me give you a little advice, I don't go walking into the Catholic church preaching about my beliefs on homosexuality. I suggest you think twice about walking in here and preaching your beliefs about homosexuality. This forum exists in support of metrosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals and transgenders. Take your beliefs and your logic, elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  18. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

Hey... you leave the Catholic Church out of this... he ain't no Catholic. :squint:

I should whip you with my penis for insulting my religion like that. :squint:

:naughty:

19. Jaaaman

Jaaaman Guest

The legalization of same-sex "marriages" (or marriage-like "civil unions" or "domestic partnerships") would severely damage the public institution of marriage. It would send a false message that same-sex unions are equivalent to marriage, that same-sex relations and marriage contribute equally to society and provide equal potential for individual and social integrity, stability and happiness. It would convey the false message that whatever private sexual relationships adults choose deserve the same legal treatment as traditional marriages. Legalizing same-sex "marriage" would create enormous conflict and confusion in the law and among legal systems.

Gay activists are like a freight train out of control, running over everyone and anyone in their paths, desperately seeking and desiring one thing: acceptance of their sin. Gay activists feel they can wipe out "homophobia" in one generation - by deceiving and desensitizing this generation now.

Yearly efforts to find pride in the gay lifestyle portray a lack of inner peace. The constant demand for acceptance also illustrates this. The public cannot be forced to accept homosexuality.

20. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...that's hot.

-EDIT- DAMN! I wasn't gonna post in this obtuse thread...

21. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

For the love of Christ. You sir, are a complete and utter moron. You can't even have a discussion w/out spewing information that you read. You are unable to form your own thoughts or opinions other than what you've been told at that reborn-christian cult of a religion you've chosen to follow.

God frowns upon those who are unable to forgive and make a mockery of His Word. You are bound for an eternal existance in Hell for this desicration.

May God have mercy on your soul and welcome to my ignore list.

22. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I guess I'll have to whip you too, for posting in this thread. :squint:

:naughty:

23. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

24. NOVAJock

Cock-tease. Bring it on stud-muffin.:naughty: :x:

25. NOVAJock

Gay marriages would not severely damage the institute of marriage and has already been discussed in these forums SEVERAL times. Heterosexuals have done a great job at ruining the institute of marriage on their own without any help from homosexuals. Next....

Accepting same-sex marriages would convey none of the above as you mention - except only to those who lean towards being bigoted.

As for Gay activists being like a freight-train...please. I hardly think so. Why don't you go take a look at what the Catholic Church has done throughout history. Crusades - killing thousands of people across Europe because they wouldn't convert to Christianity, aligning itself with government and influencing government and taxes to fill their own coffers....would you like me to continue? The church is more of a freight train than all the gay-activists put together.

Again, as I see it, you're not addressing any of the counterpoints that are being posted in this thread you've started. Instead, you're like a broken record, reciting stuff out of books and out of what has been taught to you. You are not debating here - you're just posting to inflame people.

As a result - your acting like a troll. Stop, while you're ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.