GUN Same holster, different guns.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sqwirl, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

Wondering if anyone has run into this before. I have an IWB holster from Nick Matthews for a G36. Nicely built holster, cant is a little steep for my liking. Anyways, I've tried carrying the 36 and can't get comfortable with it in least. I then tried the G19 since it fits and is my tried and true carry but I don't have a specific holster for it now. Same deal but a little more comfortable for some odd reason even though the grip is a little taller.

Enter the P7 I just bought. I wanted to see what the fuss was about with everyone saying they are the best little carry gun they have ever owned. The P7 fits pretty well in the holster, a little loose but when the belt is cinched it is nice and secure. Which leads me to the whole point of this post. The P7 is insanely comfy. As I type this I have my G36 strapped on and it is like a sore growth hanging off my side. I was wearing the P7 last saturday for 16 hours and had pretty much forgot that I even had it on.

This just defies logic for me. The grips are fatter and longer on the P7 and it weighs significantly more than either of the plastic fantastics. It also has most of it's weight riding over top of the belt. No matter how I look at it though I just can't deny that the P7 rides better. I know different stuff works better for different people but it's in the same holster. The Glocks only feel good at anywhere between 3 and 4 o'clock whereas the p7 can run comfy from anywhere from like 2:30 to 5.

Am I going crazy? Is the P7 the fabled carry gun that all the HK fanboys like to say it is? Anyone else had an experience with a holster made for one gun but another just works better with it?