SRS Same fucking shit, different day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by schmitty101, Apr 16, 2010.

1. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

In school I am a A-, B+ student. All I have is school right now. Without school I just sit around feeling sorry for myself. The problem is that this week I completely bombed 2 bigs tests. In biology I was getting a 90%, and I got a 65 on my last test and it dropped by grad to a B-. In statistics I was getting a 92%, but on my test this morning I fucking freaked out and got like a 10%. Now my grade is going to be a D. I briefly told the instructor that I've been having a really rough time over the last few weeks and I couldn't focus while I was studying. I asked if there was a make up exam I could take but she said no. In my biology class, there is a girl whom me and this other dude were kind of interested in. She is black, from Ghana, and a very nice, smart, and kind girl. I didn't want to ask her out because the other guy showed interest in her too. Today in class they really started talking and laughing and ended up leaving the classroom together and it made me feel like shit. Partially because I passed up the opportunity and it looks like they are gonna get together now. If I made a move on her now, I imagine he would be offended. I know the guy (from class only) and he is a really great dude. I'm just fucking pissed that I didn't make a move out of respect for him and so he just ended up making a move. I really dig her. Is it too late?

I have been doing much better over the last 1-2 months. However, the last two weeks I have been stressed the fucking out because of schoolwork as well as my family life has been getting to me again. Tonight I started thinking positively and I feel better already though. Failing those tests really go to me too. I thought I was smart, but I just had so much going on in my head that I couldn't focus and ended up drawing a blank on every single problem. Now I think I am an idiot, but then again I think I should chalk it up to stress.

2. Rellik

Rellik New Member

who cares about school... really, A- and B+s arent even that good, there are people that get 99% and are the same way. Life isn't about school, life is about getting laid, as you're realizing now. As for the relationship, its up to you, but don't count yourself out on purpose. If this was 100,000 BC, before people thought of statistics classes and college :)eek3:), the time period that we're actually wired psychologically for, that "guy" would have bashed your head in with a rock for Ms. Ghana and not lost any sleep over it. I say, don't deny yourself anything, if you want to keep some standards then dont hurt anyone physically (not an issue here obv), and remember that whatever happens, at least, unlike in 100,000BC you dont live in a village with 50 people, theres shitloads of options in your campus, in your town, move on

3. Vysion

Vysion New Member

You're too nice for your own good. Start by reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/No-More-Mr-Nice-Guy/dp/0762415339

Until you change your thought patterns you will keep thinking negatively. YOU are the only one that is making you feel like shit.

I suggest you read the book, and then read it a 2nd and a 3rd time.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I see what you are trying to say :rofl: but life isn't just about getting laid. However you do have a point. The TS shouldn't dwell on how he does in school. He should do his best to pass the classes and graduate, but he shouldn't put so much stress on being perfect. He needs to figure out what he is capable of and perform at that level. Always do your best, and always be confident and content with yourself that you did your best.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When you are going thru hell ,keep going. Listen, you don't have the luxury to go into any relationship, first finish your school , after that you'll have more oppertunity to do the things that you want, you have to be more strict on yourself, don't care about the outcome of the tests, forget the whole world, you just focus on climbing out of that hellhole for the rest of your life, make study your work and your life. Only bad things in life are easily obtainable, and you saw the hellhole that has threw you in. So that's no option, the only option is that of keep fighting for a better life. Its hard falling down, but its also hard climbing up, but at least when you are climbing up you know that you are going the right way towards a better life despite bad things still happening to you. Hold on, even tho its hard. Just keep fighting for high results in your life as it is pointless to look back on the past. You fall, you stand up, but what really matters is that you keep going for gold in life.

6. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

When he was making his move, he didn't care nor respect you or anyone else. He saw something he wanted and he went after it without a second thought.

Since your doing good in school, just keep it up.

7. RibeyeAndScotch

RibeyeAndScotch OT Supporter

:bowdown:

8. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

what are you doing to relieve your stress and enjoy yourself?

you gotta do that a little in between grinding it out

9. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

also a woman isn't going to fix your issues

take care of yourself the right way, first, and the women always follow

10. ...stimpy

...stimpy New Member

Life is what happens while you wait.

You didn't ask her out, he did, if he hadn't, you'd still be "not asking her out". Tackle each thing in your life one at a time as they come at you. Try that for a little while, see how it works, it sounds like you're intelligent enough to figure out where to go from there.

If life ain't workin, change it, not all at once, but little changes at a time will help you find your way.