GUN saiga 7.62x39

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by silversilvia, Jun 17, 2006.

1. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

your view on them? how much are they worth?

a guy local has one with 1 low cap and 1 30 rounder for $250. i dunno how much these are worth i keep seeing stuff on gunbroker with a bunch of accessories so its hard to tell.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm with Sickmonkey any SAIGA's I get will be .308.. or 12 guage. Quality of them is excellent, can be converted to a more standard AK pattern if you prefer. $250 is a good deal.

3. silversilvia

the guy lives pretty close to me. what do they usually go for? market price wise.

i might try to talk him down to 200 ish, but i suppose i can afford $250.

I am guessing they usually go for more than the $350 wasr-10's?

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I've been trying to figure something out so I figure I might as well ask here, does anyone know if the Saiga in 7.62x39 use a standard AK receiver? If so are there any special parts used to move the whole trigger assembly back where the pistol grip would be on a normal AK?

Cliffs - I want to build a CA legal AK with removable magazine which can not have a Saiga receiver, or a pistol grip.

5. silversilvia

i believe saigas don't have a pistol grip, they have a buttstock/grip type deal. i believe people try to convert it the other way around, move the trigger group and trigger forward and put a pistol grip on these saiga's.

are saiga's not CA legal?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I believe the 7.62 ones go for $350ish or so, I know locally I've seenem for $450ish in shops but most places are overpriced around here. If you can get for 200ish and are ok with tools you can convert it and have a real nice AK for about the price of a WASR

7. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Saiga are much cheaper then wasr-10s thegunsource.com sells them for $237. I would hold out for a new one since they are now being shipped with dimples in the receiver.

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=59327

[​IMG]

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Saiga reciever is an AK reciever only difference being position of a holes, even then i think in the conversion the hole the trigger was coming out of is then used for p grip mounting. Dunno about the whole cali thing, what about VZ's are they on calis banned list?

9. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Basically yeah, I can't have an AK with a pistol grip in CA which means the Saiga with the buttstock and no PG would be perfect, except that Saigas arent legal here. So I was thinking about getting an 80% but I was wondering if any different parts are necessary other than what I would get in a regular AK parts kit.

I'm not sure if they are listed or not, but they have a pistol grip which is illegal so I would basically have to buy one out of state, have the grip taken off, shipped in to an FFL, then move the trigger components back myself. But if I could just buy a regular receiver and parts kit and move everything back so I wouldnt need a PG that would be perfect, and legal.

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

you could pick up alot of the parts for a SAIGA style dirt cheap, just goto an ak board and you'll find original saiga parts from people who did the conversion. For the VZ I think Ohio Rapid Fire has recievers if its not on the cali list. You would have to fashion your own stock, building a vz would probably cost $1-200 more then an AK though.