I spent a couple hours working on my gun today, but finally I called it quits for the night. I'll finish up tomorrow. Anyway, Here are a few pictures: This is the part of the drop-in Wilson grip safety I had to sand down. Several minutes of using 600-grip paper (with frequent pauses for test-fitting) resulted in this: Then I used a Q-tip to apply bluing. It did not come out as nice as I expected but fortunately you can't see most of it anyway. After doing the appropriate safety checks (passed) it was time to try the ambi safety. Note the difference between the stock safety (which someone appears to have spent some time filing also; and the Wilson. After a fair amount of filing I got so I could insert it into the gun and flip it to "fire," but I'm still having trouble flipping it to "safe." Hopefully just a bit longer tomorrow will see it finished. I'm really afraid of turning this $60 ambi safety into a $60 lump of useless steel. Not sure why the gun looks gold here. The arrow points to the area I'm filing away on the new safety. It is the same area that is filed on the original piece, and I have determined it was hitting the sear there, preventing it from sliding all the way in. This is largely rectified, like I said, and I just need to make it flip to "safe." Anyway, I should be done tomorrow.