"Safest" way to shave the snatch?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by The Sirc, Jul 25, 2006.

1. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

My girlfriend has been wanting to shave herself lately, she's kept it trimmed, but never shaved. I really don't know what to tell her because she has EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and is afraid of getting rashes and such. So, tell me people, what is the most "safest" way for a girl to shave the hole without incuring the wratch of the ingrown hairs and yuckiness?

2. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

no clue mate... umm use cream?

3. SubThermal

SubThermal Colder than Cold

shave down, not up?

i dunno

4. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

Shaving cream + shave down (never go against the grain)

5. GSRwBOOST

GSRwBOOST New Member

waxing ftw...

i just make her take a very hot shower and use a new razor (sharp) and do it carefully....

if you want the best results, wax her....

partaken in both and waxing is definately the win...

6. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Should she trim the hairs down some or just get the wax all in there and yank it out? Does it hurt more if it's longer or shorter?

7. NeLLe

NeLLe New Member

Shave down...not up. Make sure she used lots of soap or shaving cream.

8. tie00

tie00 New Member

I have sensitive skin too, and I find that putting Neosporin on after I shave keeps me bump/irritation free.

Edit: And she should definitely try waxing sometime! I am hooked on it now because the hair doesn't grow back for up to two weeks. Plus, it grows back a lot thinner and (at least for me) some of the hair doesn't grow back at all, so you have less to wax. Make sure that the hairs are trimmed (but not TOO short) and apply some baby powder beforehand to keep the area dry.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  9. RRated

RRated New Member

waxing ftw...True, so True!!!
    Nice Smooth...blblblblblblblb!

10. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

Thank you so much. <3

11. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

If she shaves, do it with the grain first (down), then at an angle to the grain, then at an angle against the grain, and finally completely against the grain. This is the least irritating to the skin. Either way, the skin is going to end up irritated every time it's shaved until it gets accustomed to it. So if she shaves, she should expect at least some irritation and itching as it grows back, until her skin gets used to being shaved. :)

I'd agree with waxing, except that I find it extremely painful to even pluck a hair in that region. If she could tolerate a waxing then she could definitely tolerate shaving & the beginner after-effects. :rofl:

12. dianev626

dianev626 New Member

13. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Use bikini zone gel and a good razor. Take it slow and go with the grain at first.

The first few times its gonna be a bit rough afterwards, the skin has to get used to it. After a month or so, there shouldnt be any problems. There really is no need to go to any greater lengths than that :dunno:

14. :smile:

:smile: New Member

that's her best bet. shaving down goes with the hairs that way it won't irritate anything and will still get it pretty smooth.

15. ramin

ramin New Member

Your girlfriend??:mamoru:

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

use a guys shaving cream. the girly stuff has fragrances and crap and isnt as thick as something for guys with sensitive faces. also, using deoderant on the upper area after shaving helps a lot (something like dove, dont get it on your labia major/vagina as it will dry you up and make sex uncomfortable).

:hsd:

17. :smile:

:smile: New Member

i've also found using men's shaving cream to work better.

18. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

make sure she soaks in a warm bath for a while first, this way the pores are opened and the hair is softer. Use a brand new razor, and lots of shaving cream (NOT soap). Shave in the same direction as the hair growth and clean the razor blades frequently to get the hairs out. then put on a creme like bikini zone afterwards and wear no panties for a few hours and a skirt so that nothing rubs there. And don't re-shave it for a week to start with. Once your skin gets used to it you can shave more frequently, but to begin with it needs more time to recover inbetween shavings.

19. Lil Devil

Lil Devil New Member

DITTO!!:bowdown:
    Thats the stuff.....

20. Hazyheath

Hazyheath New Member

I used to have problems shaving but then I started using this stuff called Coochie cream. You cant find it in stores but ebay has it. Its really light and silky and I can shave closer and more comfortably and havent had any irritation since. Its a little on the expensive side but you dont need much at all. It takes me about 4-6 months to go through an 8 ounce bottle and i use it for shaving legs too. Before I started using it, I would use neosporin after shaving and that helped alot.

21. PukeyCute

PukeyCute New Member

Seconding this, also adding men's razors to that. I tried a razor that was "MADE FOR A WYMMYN" and it tore me to pieces.

22. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

That's what I use.. They have it at sex shops a lot of the time. :)

23. Hazyheath

Hazyheath New Member

I kinda figured that. My friend told me about it and we went to a "sex Party" and I picked it up. Since then ive just been getting it on ebay. Just stick with the original scent. Just tried pearberry and it smells like cough syrup.:ugh:

24. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I use mens shaving cream, a new razor is always best. I start at the top and hold the razor sideways and go from left to right then right to left. I dont know if i am explaining this good. But then after i am down far enough I shave down. After i get out of the bath or wherever I put some sort of lotion on it, usually vitamin e lotion is what i have, I never get bumps anymore after doing this, I also told my sister and one of my friends about it when they asked and it worked for them also

25. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

dont shave, wax.