GUN safe question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gchang817, Sep 22, 2009.

1. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

looking for some soft, durable, thick safe felt, any place to purchase online?

also looking for a shot timer, any recommendations?

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

The two best shot timers are the orginal Competition electronic pocket pro (do not get the pocket pro 2, it's junk), and the pact timer

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=772064

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=966974

I have the CE but if I had it to do over again I'd get the pact. I really like the buzzer on the pact more, and it's a better shape. I do think the CE is more sensitive and can pick up 22lr if you adjust it accordingly.

I do not like the new CED timer. It's too small and the screen does funny shit all the time, hard to read the numbers. The pocket pro 2 always breaks, the battery connections while a good idea don't fucking work reliable, too many reshoots.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Absolutely agree with Yar. I had the CED 7000, and I don't really care for it and gave it to my little brother. All I use now is the original CED Pocket Pro, particularly because it's the same timer we use at my club and the buzzer is what I would hear in an actual match.

in training it's always better to best replicate match conditions. I didn't like the buzzer on the CED7000.

4. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

going to finally place the order. is the first shot timer good enough, the pact timer is backordered.

took me awhile because i wait about a month or two so i can gather everything i need, and save on shipping.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

The Pocket Pro is pretty much the defacto standard. Every Level II & III USPSA matched I have worked was timed on Pocket Pro timers.

I have a Pocket Pro II... not sure what yar doesn't like about them but I haven't had any major issues with mine. On two occasions the screen has fritzed out when it first started up but reseating the battery has fixed it both times. Has never given me any trouble while in operation.