safe operating temperatures -- p4 3.4e / 6800gt

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

now that ive got this system up and running i need to know when it needs to cool the fuck down.... i was playing UT2004 last night @ high res with all the settings turned up (holy shit!) and she was beautiful, but the fan controller on my case said the temps inside the case were ~50c.

if thats inside the case i cant imagine how hot the CPU or GPU is getting. so is there a tool that displays this info for you other than having to use the BIOS monitor?

2. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

With those Prescott chips that's what you can expect. I have a 3.0e and it idles around 38-41 C and under heavy load playing Counter Strike or Half Life 2 it runs about 52 C. You didn't use the stock heatsink/fan that came with it did you? I didn't even bother I just went ahead and bought a nice 90mm Zalman copper heatsink/fan.

3. Mikey D

Mikey D New Member

On full load my P4 3.4 will get to around 60C with a Zalman Cu-7700. Just the regular operating temps for this processer unfortunately.

4. Scn64

Scn64 Guest

My P4 idles around 46c - 48c. On full load it can get up to a little over 60c. I've even seen it get to 70c but that stopped when I cleared all the dust that was mounting up on the heatsink. So, your temps are probably ok.

5. JaJae

JaJae New Member

Lavalys Everest Home is a good utility.

Pick it up to monitor your temps, voltages, fan speeds as well as just about everything else in your comp.

Motherboard Monitor works as well, but doesn't have as many features and is a bitch to set up. The interface sucks too.