Safe Mode Situation

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kin, Apr 30, 2003.

1. kin

kin Guest

Well, my computer recently has gone into safe mode (huge blue screen) @ startup b4 entering Windows. Before any of this happened I installed Windows XP from a friend that had just installed it w/ his own. How would i go about fixing this & / uninstalling Windows XP & reinstall an earlier version of windows? Can I fix the problem on the newly installed XP ?
  2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

Oct 21, 2001
    has XP ever worked correctly on your computer?

I have heard this same problem from other people and have experienced it on one PC - XP installs but then only works in safe mode :dunno:

I have tried several times to install it on that one PC and it never works - I even tried installing a new HD because I thought maybe that was the problem but it always does the same thing.
  3. kin

kin Guest

Well i wouldnt know if XP has ever worked properly b/c this is the 1st time i installed it on the computer. My friend installed the same OS from the same cd that i did. Since I've installed XP, only goes into safe mode. *****How can i uninstall this entire XP & reinstall an older version of Windows..?
  4. kin

kin Guest

Bump For the aid needed. Im getting payed by a friend to do this, so i would love to hear some recommendations.
  5. kin

kin Guest

Bigga Bump?