TAT Safe Asian Tattoo shops?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cherryfire, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Im traveling to Tokyo for the Tokyo Auto Salon in mid january. I'm considering the idea of coming back with a permanant "souvenir", a tattoo. But Im unsure about sterility standards, etc in another country. Does anyone know where i can go to research the tattoo studios there and learn about their standards of care and sterility? Anyone know of specific shops that do good work?

2. dmora

dmora Guest

I'd say go with a local. Otherwise, im fairly sure you are going to get owned in a bad way.

3. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

just get art work from japan and when you get back take it to a local artist

4. Denno

Denno Genuine Mong

There must be some sort of health authority over there.. I would assume that you would be able to find a suitably steirle shop easy enough.

5. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I'm not sure if it is still there or not, but when my uncle was in the navy he was over there and got a dragon tattoo at a place called uncle benny's. But, this was in the mid 80's... so there's a chance it's not there anymore....

6. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I appreciate the info. I'll continue doing my own research. As for finding a design there and coming home and having my artist do it...its really not so much about FINDING the art as it is having it done in Tokyo. Maybe its a lame excuse..but it is still important to me. I'd love to later on down the line in life be able to say, "Oh..this one? I got that done while i was in Japan. " :wiggle:

7. vodomagoo

vodomagoo .