SRS sad roommate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zooenthusiast, Nov 29, 2006.

1. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

ok so my roommate is truly a wonderful person when she's happy, but she hasn't been happy lately. she's stealing money (lots of money) from her parents, stealing other people's clothes, doing way too many xanex, and not going to class. she's having a rough time because her father is dying and she has issues to begin with. but it seems as though no matter how much i try to talk to her it just goes in one ear and out the other. how do i help her? she just makes me angry when she fucks people over. how do i tell her that she needs to get her shit together? do i just stop caring?

what to do....

2. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

tough love is the only way, she'll either sink or swim.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Real friends step into your life while fake friends step out of your life when in a time of need. So being there for her is the right thing to do. Keep complaining to her that she is going the wrong way, ask her how she would like it if people would steal stuff from her. Actually you could set an example to her, pick her favorite thing and steal it, when she is frantically searching for it in despair for quite a while, give it back to her and say 'this is how it feels when someone steals something from you '. She'll hate you, but she will get 'the message' , next time she'll steal something she will recall that feeling,even if its just on a subconsious level. Tell her,(on a different notice) I can understand that you get depressed because your own father is dying,but that's no justification to steal money from him.So, Ask her if its convient to steal from her father while he's dying. (basicaly constantly trying to give her a feeling of guilt) Because if she doesn't caring and accepting that there are negative consequenses attached to the actions of her handling then she'll only go even more down the drain. That's why she has to be educated that its wrong to steal, and that she has to earn what she receives in life.

As far as the depression goes, she definitly needs a psychiater/counseller so it would be great if you could look up and suggest her to get some good mental help ,who basically has to steer her into a better direction.