SRS Sad =-( need some cheering up

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FSTMX5, Oct 18, 2007.

1. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

Ok so monday I'm moving across the country to DC, and my girlfriend is also moving but shes going to Nebraska (we're both in the air force and finished school) Thing that sucks is i love this girl, she loves me but I just dont know how its going to work. I can move to nebraska in a year but even that...i dunno Ive just been screwed over by more than 1 girl and its not that i dont trust her..but she is extremely social and likes to go out..drink etc

anyways I guess im just sad...it really sucks that i finally meet a girl thats amazing in pretty much every way and this happens

:hsd:

2. kiri

kiri New Member

a year?? that's nothing, if you love each other you can really make it work. I am currently in a LDR with a guy i am in love with. i am also very social and like to go out with friends (so does he, but he's living at home now so he doesn't have as many opportunities as i do... i'm still in college). he is very trusting of me and i would never give him a reason not to be. i still go to parties, bars, etc, but i just hang out with friends for a while and call it a night :dunno:

don't listen to all the pesssimists in the main forum, not every LDR ends with pain and cheating. if you are both in it for the long haul and you love each other, and you understand that it will be over in a year, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

3. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

:wavey: thanks

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I don't think long distance relationships work for several reasons. Neither of you will be able to fill needs and you'll try to get them elsewhere. At one point you will just have to pick up the pieces and move on.

But if you two are heavily into it, then yeah, maybe it can work if you both try.

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter