S4 gurus.....need your advice.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by curiousgeorgeM3, Aug 24, 2004.

1. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

My friend is thinking of buying this car: http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/40205720.html

Is there anything in particular that she should look out for or ask about? It is heavily modified but seems to have been kept in great condition.

2. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

I'd want to know first what these "innovative" turbos are. Also, is this a standard aftermarket kit or custom. Did he upgrade the brakes or suspension, cause that is a lot of power to be running through the stock setup. :ugh: Did he upgrade the DV's or TBB? Is he running synthetic or has he always? (good for extented turbo life). Does he track the car (or did)? The main problem with S4's is blown turbos and usually a nice set of K04's will eliminate that problem...so I dunno what else...ask on Audiworld maybe. www.audiworld.com/forum/s4.html

ok after looking again at the add I have some more things. He is running a BOV?! Audi's aren't meant to run with BOV's. They use DV's which cycle air back into the engine, using BOV's can cause the car to run rich. What is he using for a modified ecu? If he's gonna run all that stage 3 stuff he should have some engine management to back it up. What is a snob mount? What does he mean by custom downpipes. Downpipes are very difficult to make, especially to custom make them and tune them correctly...or they just piggie pipes (modified stock dp's). Most stage 3 s4's will easily put down 350hp if tuned right I just wonder about what all this custom and innovative stuff is. He might be legit, but I'd be a skeptic. Also, you can probably kiss any type of warranty goodbye with all that stuff on it.

Just my opinion of course.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  3. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

Thanks. She talked to the guy and said he sounded like a tool that had no idea what he was talking about (and, yes, she knows cars.....just not familiar with S4s). She is gonna pass on the car.

4. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

Probably for the better. But if she can find a nice clean stage 3 S4, watch out. Running 12's ain't no big deal I guess. :bowdown: