S100 Sepc

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by CoNfUzEd ChIlD, Nov 4, 2004.

1. I dropped by the local Harley Davidson store today; to buy some wax and a t-shirt. The owner/manager gave me a free bottle of S100 SEPC; only thing is I don't where to use it :o . I searched the forum already and i'm still unsure what is does.

Is it a polish or a paint prep? Plus how strong is the cleansing ability compared to Vanilla Moose or Meg's #80 lineup?

2. ihrs

ihrs OT Supporter

3. perry

perry burp

Very light polish, almost like a glaze. I don't feel like it is a very good cleaner.. it'd probably make a good followup to 80. I like it for what it does.

4. I was looking at your thread earlier and became even more lost. You used the Megs paint cleaner; but wouldn't that do the same thing (relatively) as what SEPC does? Or is one stronger than the other?

Forgive my ignorance i'm only used to using heavy cut polishes/SMR's, sealants, and waxes.

5. vinnymack

vinnymack New Member

sepc is not really a good paint cleaner, but it does add a similar ( not better ) wet look like Clearkote Vanilla Moose. i use it for my last step before sealant/wax

6. ihrs

ihrs OT Supporter

please do not take my advice in this forum without checking up with scottwax or someone else that posts here regularly. i just used what i had onhand.

although i like s100 wax, after i finish using megs paint cleaner then s100 sepc i will be looking into the megs #80, vanilla moose and ntxt wax, just trying stuff out so i can see what works best on the silver for my car

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

S100 SEC is a good final glaze, just don't expect it to remove anything more than the lightest of swirls or scratches. It does leave the paint wet looking and slick, so your wax will glide on with ease.

8. So I would use it just before I put my final layer of wax on right?

What if I did my regular NXT and #16 combo. Do I use it after NXT or before?

Scott: for a new lighter colored car; which would you reccomend SEPC or VM? Because I wouldn't minding spending the $15 for VM; if it's much better.

9. Scottwax

Vanilla Moose isn't massively better but it is wetter looking and slicker. NXT is considered a last step product, so you would use it after SEC or VM. Wait 24 hours for NXT to cure before topping with #16.

10. Thanks for the help :) .

Probably gonna hold off using it until spring; since it's supposed to snow on Monday :hs: .

11. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What's the difference? I do my yearly DAC/P, SFP, Polish and Waxing in the dead of winter.

12. Scottwax

Snow is one of the reasons you wax your car. No way should you leave the paint unprotected until spring.

13. MattZ28

MattZ28 New Member

I use S100 SEPC and like it alot. Leaves the paint nice and slick, and is a great pre-wax/sealant cleaner.

14. I posted a while back; but my car has 2x NXT and 3x #16. On it right now; the last coat of #16 was about a week back. I'm thinking that should carry me well into January?

I was thinking about doing a full process (Clay, #80, Klasse Twins, SEPC, LSP?). But I avoided that since it's a new car. But with the snow coming it's not gonna happen for sure unless I pay someone.

EMTfirefighter: it's hard enough washing a car when it's cold; I couldn't imagine a full detail. I make sure everywhere I go has enclosed parking for a reason :o .

15. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I wash indoors. :)

16. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

shit ive dont it out doors in humidity talk about smears.

17. Scottwax

#16 should take you well into January, especially since you layered it. You won't get 3 times the durability of one coat, but 3 coats will protect better than 1.

If the paint looks really good right now, I'd hold off on going nuts until it gets warmer again. No doubt the winter will be hard on the paint, spring would be a good time to really clean the paint up.