s100 sec and s100 wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 1badtaco, May 30, 2003.

1. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

ok fellas emt and scottwax first of all thank you for all the knowledge you guys have shared over so many posts including replies to my own posts. let me tell you a little about my truck it is 2001 toyota tacoma. the paint on it has been soewaht neglected for a few months there are a light swirls on the paint on some bugs and bird droppings (its not bad but in my eyes its not good)

I will be cleaning my truck and want to make sure i am doing everyhting correctly so any advice or pointers will we appreciated. I will be washing my truck with a normal (meguiars) car soap than I will use the mothers clay bar on the truck. wash truck again. S100 sec than top it off with 2 coats of s100 wax. My main question is how to apply the S100 sec? I've seen scottwax say to work the polish in until its almost gone for other polishes. Will that method also apply to the sec? also when working with the clay/polish/wax what is the proper way to work with them. ie wax on/wax off? up and down? or left and right? also in the future when doing this would there be anything else i possibly use after the sec and before the wax to give even more shine?

thank you in advance sorry for the long post

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

So far so good.

Not a bad idea, but read down a bit more.

I personally use a Meguires Yellow applicator pad, and apply it in the standared back and forth motion (as EMT likes to say: like wind traveling over the car) untill its virtually gone, making sure i get a good even, thin coat across the entire body panel. So yes, you can use the same technique that Scottwax recemends for other polishes. And once finished, just buff it off with a microfiber towel.

Work the clay bar in the same motion that you would your wax, your polish, or any other paint application.

You could always apply a glaze to the paint before waxing. Somthing like Meguires #7 Show Car Glaze, or Vanilla Moose. Those will really help bring out the shine and luster in the paint, and really make the color pop. Now going back up top, as i feel this is more appropriate here. DOnt apply two coat of S100 on the same day. Wait around 24 hours to apply the seconed coat. Usually what i do, is wait untill the folowing afternoon, grab my Quick Detailer, make sure the surface of the car is clean, and smooth, and then apply the seconed coat of wax. It will look ALOT better waiting the 24 hours. Ive tested doing it in the same day, and the result was virtually unnoticable. But wating a day, and quick detailing the paint, and getting it smooth and shiney for the seconed coat, after the firt coat cured, made a hell of a difference.i recemend you get yourself a bottle of detailing solution, and use it. It will help keep your paint looking glossier, and smoother longer then just regular washing alone.
    Check out Scott's product lists up above for some ideas on what to get. :bigthumb:

3. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

hey thanks for your advice....for the time being would the s100 sec be a good enough polish to go without a glaze? i will probably order the vanilla mouse but i wanna make sure i get to take care of my truck this weekend

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yes, the S100SEPC will be more then enough on its own for your first time.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

The S100 SEPC and Vanilla Moose are 2 products used for the same application. They're both very light polishes. There's no need to use both, one can be used in leiu of the other. I used to use Meguiar's #7, but Scott turned me on to the Vanilla Moose.

Also, Buck-O: ever try simply waiting the 24 hours after the S100 and just putting another layer on without the QD? The only reason I ask is because a QD is for between waxes, not as another layer during waxing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm positive that's how it works. Let me know if you've ever tried it that way, and what the results were.

6. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

but what about the dirt or dust that got on the car in that 24hr period?

7. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

The optimal arrangement would be to not drive it or keep it covered, but we all can't do that. Use a California Car Duster to take off the dust.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, but if you drove through any water, it can splash on the sides, and QDing makes sure nothing is on the paint. Probably the best solution would be to dust then rinse the car with distilled water so there is no chance of QD affecting the look of the second coat of wax.

The reason you wait 24 hours is because of all the oils in S100. It takes about a day for them to completely even out. If you look at the paint right after waxing, it will look fantastic, but the next day, it looks even better.

9. JennBabe

JennBabe New Member

Unfortunatly, i HAVE to drive my car daily...and not only that, im surrounded by disiduous trees, and evergreen trees by my house. And there are alot of disudious trees in the park and ride i park at daily as well. Which not only adds up to alot of polen, but also alot of little pitch bubbles on the paint. And while the car duster will get the polen, it would get the pitch (or it will just smear it), so i use the Mirror Glaze QD, get the paint nice and clean and slick, and apply the seconed coat.
    I havent incured any problems, or noticable artifacting in the finish from doing this. Nor have i noticed any adhesion problems.
    The one thing i DO know is that it leaves one hell of a shine! :bigthumb:

10. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Shit, another thread i posted under my SO's login with.
    Fuck!
    :doh:

11. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

well i might just apply the 1st coat of wax wait 24 hours wash the car with a light mix of soap and water than another coat of wax

12. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Wouldn't hurt at all, car wash doesn't strip wax.

13. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

ok i finished it this weekend unfortunately i did not have acess to a digital camera and it rained on mon and today..... BUt it shined up pretty good almost as reflective as i have seen here...but i still had some swirls in my paint i was hoping the s100 sec would help with the swirls/scratches but i guese not......what shoud i use now?...i will try to get pics this sun when i wash again......

14. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

The S100 SEPC is a very light polish, as I stated above. For a comprehensive swirl and scratch removal process use Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish followed by the Swirl Free Polish and finish it all up with another application of S100 SEPC.