S100 Paint cleanser with Zaino?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Mirwolf, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

Im planning to detail my car this weekend and i have some s100 and zaino left over. i was thinking of getting s100 paint cleanser because ive heard good things about it. would i be able to use it with zaino? if so, should i use it after claying and before z1. or should i use it after zaino and before s100 (topper). oh and can anyone recommend me a good polisher to remove light swirl marks that i can use without a pc. thanks in advance :)

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I don't think S100 SEC is compatible with Zaino. You would have to Dawn wash after using it and before applying Zaino....which is my main gripe with Zaino. Other than Klasse AIO, I don't know of any other product that Zaino will bond to without washing the car down with Dawn. Others don't seem to mind the extra step.

Claying always comes first (except for oxidized paint).

Meguiars #9 is good for removing light swirls by hand. Follow with S100 SEC, Dawn wash, then the Zaino process. Wait 24 hours before topping Zaino with anything.

3. Mirwolf

Mirwolf Im confused and so am I

Hey thanks scott. with #9 do i go in a cirular motion or the way air flows over the car? what do you think of megs swirl free polish #82 and 3m swirl mark remover 39009?

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You would apply it and remove it the way the air flows over the car. The #82 and #9 are pretty comparable as far as I know. I only have experience with the #82.

5. a red heart

a red heart Guest

ive used #9. it is inbetween dacp and gepc