GUN S&W M&P15T

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrburner, Apr 25, 2010.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

I know a guy who works at a gun store - they got in a used M&P15T that used to be a range gun (rental) - the guy doesn't know how many rounds have been through it, but he thinks it's about 2-3 years old...the outside of the end of the barrel and flash suppressor has some minor use/scratches but otherwise, the outside is flawless - i think it's a stag (so not the newest versions made by s&w) but not positive...with 1 mag they were pricing it at 800 + tax - he said he could get it for me for 700 out the door with 1 mag...thoughts on the price? local dealer here has a new one for $1229

i'm just a little iffy on buying a gun that i don't have a clue how many shots have been through it...would you buy it?

2. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

If it looks good and functions, why not? That price is insanely low for that gun.

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i plan on putting it on my amex card so even if it doesn't function, they'll have to take the return or amex will cover the expense since it is being sold as a working gun (used to work there)...he said all the basic internals have been replaced (firing pin, springs, etc.) but who knows...i'll probably end up buying a bunch of accessories right away if i buy it anyways

4. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Have it inspected by a gunsmith if you're concerned....but if worse comes to worst you could always sell it for more money.

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

As long as the bolt is in good condition it's a pretty good deal. Take it to a gunsmith and see how much throat erosion the barrel has, you can always swap out the barrel for ~$160 for a brand new Daniel Defense one.

Or just test fire it and if it groups OK then the barrel is probably still good. If it's a chrome lined barrel (which it should be) it will last thousands of rounds. I'm guessing it probably only has had a few mags through it every time someone rents it, most of it slow fire which is easier on the barrel.

6. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

Awesome price.

7. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i'll take some pics tonight - right now it's just got a nice little light/laser that snaps on wherever - i haven't even bought any ammo yet :hs:

they were closing early that day and didn't have any decent magazines so i need to order a few more at least

hoping to have some time to give it a try this weekend...i'll be cleaning it tonight