s/o going out of town

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Raj, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

how do most of you usually feel about your significant other going out of town? I don't mean in terms of trust, but more in terms of loneliness. My s/o has been gone since wednesday, and I will not see her till this wednesday and it has been a weird set of emotions.

The first couple days I really enjoyed the free time, and being able to go out with my guy friends. Yesterday though my mood completely changed and I started to miss seeing her and talking a lot to her.

:wtc:

Was just curious how long it usually takes other people to feel like this, and how you keep your mind occupied

2. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I miss her, but I wouldn't say I get too lonely. I stay social when she's gone and I have a cat to give me attention at home. :mamoru:

Just think of it like a chance to do shit you can't when she's around. If she doesn't like horror movies, watch a ton of horror movies. If she doesn't like video games, play a ton of video games. Or whatever.

3. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Get a hobby.

4. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Lonely was prolly the wrong way to describe it. I am loving the chance to play videogames, go out with my friends etc. I am just missing the time that we get to spend together as well

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

SO went out of town for a week last month and at first it was more just hard going to sleep alone in the house without him next to me. He had a harder time than me since he was out of his comfort zone...but a week is nothing really.

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i hate when my SO is gone. it doesnt take me long to miss him, though i normally feel ok during the day, its when i have to head to bed alone that its hard and i miss him the most.

there really isnt much you can do other than keep yourself busy

7. ForgottenSpiral

Well it's understandable. I mean of course you feel a change. There is a hole where your SO usually is after all. But yeah just try to have fun and realize it's okay to miss her just as long as you don't get all emo about it. :p

8. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

No emo here. More or less just the shitiness of a monday morning. For some reason going back to work for the week always make me emo for the first 4 hours

9. ForgottenSpiral

Dude. Monday's make me emo too, bro. Fuck Monday's.

10. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

you get used to it after a while. Mine has been out of the country since late Feb and I was only able to see her for two weeks back in July. Now im just counting down the days till Nov when she comes back

11. Raj

Raj who fucking cares

Yep and this monday is no exception to that rule...just working towards friday

12. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I would kill to have my g/f take off for a couple months. Id probably have to spend time talking to her on the phone or some shit tho.

13. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I'm in a long term relationship with my GF and we go long amounts of time without eachother. 2 weeks at a time usually. Just keep busy and do some of your own hobbies. you do have a life outside of her right?

14. THoC

THoC New Member

my gf snores so i welcome the added silence. or should i say.... i get to listen to metal with out snoring coming from her and the pup.

on a serious note. i miss her most after a get home from the gym and when i go to bed.

15. oakback

oakback New Member

I occasionally travel for work, and get depressed after work each day when I'm away from home, miss my wife and 2 kids. I started just filling my time as much as I can, I suggest you do the same, until she gets back.

I would swim in the pool, talk to people at a bar, bring my bike and ride it around, drive around aimlessly for a couple hours, research a new place to eat, park downtown and walk around for a couple hours. Whatever I could do to just kill the time and keep my mind off missing my family.

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

the two times that you are the most horny amirite?

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Dude, where the hell is your gf? She disappeared forever ago!

18. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I miss him daily... but i know he will be back so i dont stress about it... i have a million things to keep me busy

19. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

deployment length?

20. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

unknown... he is AF so the standard

21. THoC

THoC New Member

:rofl:

ill give you that post lifting i am pretty damn horny. gotta love
    testosterone
    . :bowdown:

22. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

benchod :hsugh:

23. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

haha yeah she was swamped with school work and then summer hit, she just kinda forgot about OT :rofl:

I was never on here because i was not working while i was in school last year and now i'm on all the time because i got a job after i finished college in may. go figure lol. i'm sure she'll make an appearance at some point again lol.

24. Beege

Beege If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be

I need to find a guy like this :hs:

25. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I went on a few dates before I went out of town for a couple weeks. We continued texting and talking on the phone. After about a week and a lot of bonding we both began missing each other a lot.
    Our relationship is a bit odd though. Started talking on the 1st, went on a date on the 2nd(and slept together after getting drunk), few more dates. Entered a relationship about on the 10th. A couple nights ago we exchanged the four letter word. :rofl:
    I think it depends on your relationship and the stage you're in.