GUN RYO holster courtesy of WMDer eideteker

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kellyclan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

eideteker put the world out (sometime in 2004, I think it was) that he can get kydex cheap for OTers. He then hooked me the fuck up and I did a quick half-assed belt AK mag pouch but wasn't really able to do anything worth showing until now.

So now for about two hours of my time and less than $10 worth of materials, here's an IWB holster I rolled up and a simple mag carrier.

The edges are still a bit rough, need to dig out the 600 grit to get that factory finished edge, but otherwise, it's pretty done. The belt loops look cool (from www.knifekits.com) but they're absolute shit, paper thin and very flimsy. Sticking with the rubber Blade-tech loops from now on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If eideteker is still able to get kydex, definitely hit him up. If I can do this, you can, and the leftover scrap pieces jerked me off, which did NOT happen with the kydex I bought from Knifekits.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. m0untaind3w

m0untaind3w OT Supporter

looks good for $10

3. kellyclan

Rough crowd. I knew I should've left my thong peeking out the jeans.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Did you just soften it with a heat gun? Looks good.

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

:rofl: Sorry, I was drooling for the Glen Moray. How's it stack up to Glenmorangie and Laphroaig?

6. kellyclan

Yeah. Some people use foam presses to shape it after softening. I have a homemade one but I don't really use it, I just pull on some leather gloves and shape it by hand. Not as pretty, but simpler and easier to make little tweaks here and there.

It doesn't. It's good and smooth, but sort of uninspired. There's nothing really interesting about it. Maybe the tiniest hint of vanilla and a little wood in the twang? I can't really find anything in it. It'd be a great starter SMS though.