Rx8

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by flynfrog, Oct 1, 2003.

1. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

Ok im looking at gettin a new car
    whats every one think of the rx8
    to me it looks fun to drive decntly quick
    i wont be racing it
    i love the roatary

form what i under stand you cna get one at below msrp sicne theya re not moving well is this true?

and waht color red or black

2. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

3. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

nice! 210k/sec :bigthumb:

4. RedWuken

RedWuken Ph34r teh Wuken.

i love em, just driving behind one makes me go :blue:

5. subaru kun

subaru kun New Member

i really like it except the litttle second door. what about 350z? almost same cept ROTARY?

6. ABSTRAKT

ABSTRAKT per aspera ad astra

147 Horsepower.

7. sduquette

sduquette Guest

hahahaha

Anyways, I think it is ugly, pretty slow, and carries typical Mazda reliability, or should I say lack there of. Get a used corvette and have fun

8. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

Go for it. It's fun to drive, good-looking, engine sounds GREAT and it's fast enough to meet most normal people's needs. I'd take one in one second flat.

9. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

I'm thinking of getting one withan AT :o

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

as far as mazada relablity you dont knwo shit i raced in a spec class taht used a mazda b2200 truck engine we ran the same engine for 3 years without so much as lifting a valve cover this engine was ran at almost redline for hours at a time (oval racing) so as far as im concerned they make great engines

im not a big 350z fan i like the rx8 jsut for the engine over the z and i like the looks better

im a domestic guy so thats why i come here

11. sduquette

sduquette Guest

you are talking a the older mazda pickups, which I will admit had a tough little engine for the most part. I don't believe mazda cars have a very consistant track record with building quality cars. the 626 was junk, and the 929. The 323 was a decent car, but still had the typical poor build quality and materials. their auto transmissions haven't proven to be all that reliable either

12. dennisk

dennisk Guest

aside from Mazda overrating the HP on those things at 250....

I think they're alright. Personally though, I think I'd pick a 350.

13. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

i too would go with the 350z. much as i love the look of the rx-7, particularly 3rd gen :yum: i do not appreciate the look of the new rx-8. i thought it looked alright at the convention, looked good in print... saw one on the road and immediately thought blech. the 350z looks good, has get up and go and will have a significant upgrade market shortly... it is hasn't arrived already...

14. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i know shit about mazda cars minus teh rx7

and i hate the look of the 350z

and i could care less how fast it is i jstu want a fun car to drive

15. sduquette

sduquette Guest

Just warning you, that easter egg might be rotten once you get inside it. There are tons of fun cars out there to drive, so it shouldn't be hard finding one with a good reputation. BTW, why are you arguing with people about the car, you asked for opinions, if you are set on it, go get it.

16. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

Mazda didnt overrate the HP. The 250 was a provisional target all along and they were smart enough to say so in a disclaimer on all the RX8's press materials. The number was lowered to 247 because that's what they believed it was making. The 238 is thanks to good ole USA and their emissions requirements.

17. dennisk

dennisk Guest

Then I was wrong about the 250, but they STILL overrated it, hence the option of $500 Visa card and free scheduled maintence.

Edit: Also the option of a buyback of all cars sold prior to them announcing the 238.

18. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

*sigh*

W

19. dennisk

dennisk Guest

What? Explain to me then. I see you say b/c of the emissions, and I agree, but they still sold them as 247 hp, did they not?

20. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

W, means whatever, as in believe whatever the fuck you want. Im done with this shit, since it has quickly becoming a dead horse.

21. dennisk

dennisk Guest

Uh, all I said was they went down to 238 from 247, and they sold them as 247, which is why people have been getting the offer from Mazda.

You only said one thing, and I replied to it, then you go off saying whatever? THEN FUCKING EXPLAIN IT TO ME. THEY DIDN'T SELL IT AS 247 hp? Thats how I understood it, as I got from the Mazda board. If I'm wrong, then by all means FUCKING EXPLAIN.