rx-7. buy?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Randumb, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Randumb

Randumb Guest

i am looking at an '87 rx-7 tt with 115k. going for $1800... its been sitting for a while, like over 4 months.... whats the consensus? :hs:

2. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

My consensus is that you are somewhat confused. There was no tt in '87. It was called the TurboII because it was the second turbo RX7 Mazda had made. It really only does have 1 turbo.

$1800 is pretty cheap for a turbo rx7. If it runs good that price is a steal. Unless it needs a new motor that price is probably worth it.

3. thafox

thafox Guest

yea ...if it run's that's a hell of a deal usually u cant find 'em for less than 2grand, but if it need's a motor and the body's fine i'd suggest mayb 1grand-1400 at the most u can get a turbo II motor for like 7-800 buck's but may require rebuild but if u want a rebuilt turbo motor your lookin at bout 1grand-1300, good luck man and keep the rotary alive

4. cafcwest

cafcwest Plutonium Member

pretty good deal. My early 87 TII was a one owner 120k car for $1k but I got pretty lucky.

5. sub9lulu

sub9lulu LSx RX-7 in progress krew

1.5k jump on it
    even it dont run as long as it look good u shouldbe fine

6. doobie

doobie New Member

Buy it and part it out. You will probably make more then what you bought it for.

7. TainoIndian

TainoIndian OT Supporter

wow....thats a great deal! let me know if you dont want it i may be interested