RV Pricing? Need help

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Morgan06, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Got a call from a repeat car customer, wants his 37 foot RV done- just wash/wax.

I average about $2-4 per linear foot for just exterior wash/wheels/windows. Never had to wax an exterior, looks like most people do $10-$18 per foot complete details.

This won't need a wheel, just hand wax- is $7 per foot too cheap? I don't want to hurt this guys wallet if it will help me get two more easy waxes out of him this season. No interior, should take 4-5 hours tops, 7 x 37 = 250, still rape.

help?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

$250 for 4-5 hours of work is decent enough. What I usually do on RVs is use the PC (instead of the rotary) with Optimum Poli-Seal and then buff off with Optimum Car Wax (which is a spray) so the customer actually gets two coats of protection and it still is pretty quick for you. $10 per foot is what I charge for that service. 42' Motor Coach takes me about 7 hours so that works out to $60 an hour.

3. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Thanks for the input.

All I'm doing is wash, wheels/wells/tires, outside windows. Then Collinite Insulator by hand.

He's happy with the quote and the work, but he MAY be expecting too much gloss out of just the wax. When I get there I plan on laying out a test patch: Insulator, Collinite Fiberglass Cleaner, and then Opti-seal. I wont put a wheel on it for less than $10/ft.

But my profit is cut down by ~$50 because I need to go pickup a wash broom and new step stool. First RV on my own, takes money to make money- amirite?

BTW my website is clicking, 16 hits today. :noes:

edit* Anyone use one of those ultra lightweight aluminum work stool/benches? like this but taller?