running shoes - foot arch pain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by iridium130, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

I just got a pair of New Balances recently, which were basically a newer model of my old shoes (which I loved). However, during my break-in period, I noticed that i was feeling an intense burn after a couple miles of running in the arch of my foot. I thought it was just the shoes, since they haven't been broken in yet, but after the break-in period, I still feel that burn after a while.

I wore them to the gym yesterday and even walking around it was uncomfortable in the arch. It's probably too late to return the shoes, but do you guys think a new insole would help? Or is the shoe just not broken in yet? :hs:

2. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

I'd guess you're not getting enough arch support. Is it both feet or just one? You can either return the shoes or go see a podiatrist.

3. CREMATOR

CREMATOR New Member

new balances dont fit me well. nikes do

4. Felix

Felix Its good to be me.

you can get an arch insert and that should help. Do you have wide or narrower feet?

5. cura

cura New Member

definitely the wrong new balance for your foot type, although the newer model of the older shoe makes me wonder. I would research your foot type and the shoe type you bought to see if it is truely made for your foottype.

6. hyper

hyper Member

You probaly need a different style, like I get ones for over pronators. The different stability types make a big difference, find out what yours is and stick with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.