Running Photoshop on Macbook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dazed, Nov 20, 2006.

1. dazed

dazed New Member

I've read that its considerably slower since there isn't a mac specific application for the latest photoshop version, is this true?

If I run bootcamp and install the XP version of photoshop, the speed issue should be resolved, correct?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  2. doublemeat

doublemeat New Member

Correct.

As it is now, Photoshop (or any other PPC native app) must run through Rosetta translation if you have a Intel based Mac. On processor heavy apps such as Photoshop, there is a significant slowdown in speed. The plan Adobe has will be to hopefully release UB software in the spring.

3. dazed

dazed New Member

Understood, thanks.

If I run Bootcamp and use photoshop on XP, I shouldn't have the delay, correct?

4. User_Name

User_Name Your indecision is your...

I'm running a Macbook (2GHz, 2 gigs of RAM), how bad of a slowdown are we talking, and where is it most noticable? I have PS on my comp, and haven't really played with it much yet. I use it a decent amount, mainly for personal stuff. Does the slowdown mostly occur in filters and stuff?

It may just be cause I am coming from my Windows Machine, and it ran slow on there so I don't notice it, I guess.

5. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

PS, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver drive me mad. I can not STAND the laggyness of these programs on my macbook pro :madfawk: Adobe needs to hurry the fuck up with the UB releases.