Running on treadmill Vs. Elliptical

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fahrfrumlosin, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahrfrumlosin

fahrfrumlosin OT Supporter

OK I need F&Ns opinion on this one...Earlier this year, all I did for my cardio routine was Elliptical, 20-60min sessions of fast paced (170+ rotations per minute) with arms / no incline, and I noticed I lost good amounts of weight coupled with a well counted (some may say nearly calorie deficient diet). Mind you, my workout schedule was 4, 5, sometimes 6 days a week. After 3 months, I lost a total of 25-30lbs.

Then I went to jogging/running. My best overall was 1mi @ 10.54 min at a pace of 5.5mph. I try to run as long as possible my longest being 14min @ this speed. Between business trips and car shows, I've skipped many days of working out and have kinda lost my stamina. Trying to get back on the elliptical, I barely can make it to 20min at the pace I mentioned above. On the treadmill I can barely run to 10min at 5.5mph. My goal is weight loss. I have a light lifting routine as well. My question is: which overall will net quicker weightloss.

BTW: despite my lack of working out in the interim, I've only gained 3lbs and my diet did kinda go to hell, but I'm slowly making myself eat better.

2. Cachee0

Cachee0 OT's Technical Recruiter, Send me your resume

I personal really like the Elliptical. I run for 35 min 3xs a week. I get about 180+ rotations per minute. On the summary I see 3.27 miles in 35 min 30 moving 5 cool down.

HIIT training is the best to really lose weight and cut down fast. But lifting weights takes much more energy then cardio.

Stick with Elliptical because it's nicer on your joints (IE LOW IMPACT). Just push your self every time on it. you will see results. Also you if you are trying to lose weight you need a sub 2000 cal diet that is high in protein.

3. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

FUCKING SEARCH

4. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Alternate between heavy lifting and cardio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.