Running multiple monitors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IAMwhitey, Apr 1, 2004.

1. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

wondering how many monitors i can run max? is their any software out there that I could run to display scrolling text

Trying to set something up for my boss for advertisements. his idea i am just the slave. his idea was to setup the 9 monitors he has laying around and have them all display together for one large desktop. is this even possible??

2. i think that windows can only support 3 max. but maybe linux ???

3. carlin

carlin Guest

3 max :nono: It's called a Quad-head for a reason http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/qid/home.cfm or you can go for the nvidia solution (product line Quadro FX )

And whitey, what you are trying to do would be really costly, because even the cheapest quad head will be around $1200+ (and you need 2+). You are better off getting 9 cheap computers :o and running a network application to show and sync the text on the 9 monitors...

4. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Windows XP supporse a maximum of 10 monitors natively if I am not mistaken.

You can do this with multiple videocards, so you don't really need to buy a quad head card. If you go this route however, you will need multiple PCI videocards with or without an AGP card.

If you can find some used Matrox PCI dual-head cards, you can use 4 PCI + 1 AGP. 5 videocards to give you support for 9-10 monitors depends the AGP card that you have.

The maximum that I had ever ran was 3 monitors... 1 AGP dualhead + a PCI.

Actually Windows98 and later all support multiple monitors...