running form

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by tkluu, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkluu

tkluu New Member

recently i started running at the track again. after a couple of laps my lower back will tighten up so bad that i'd have to stop. any ideas what im doign wrong? i pay attention to my form but still dont know what is wrong

2. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

try running on your feet, not your ass cheeks? :dunno:

3. prech

prech New Member

start off slow, since you're just coming back. Do lots and lots of stretching and warming up. I was jogging for 30mins stretches, but extended that to 1hr one day and completely irritated my IT band to the point I haven't been able to do jogs longer than 10mins for the last 4-5 months. Right before that, I was doing HIITs on the track and pulled my hamstring, putting me out of commission for another 2-3 months.

I've read tons of articles that teach all varieties of running related topics like how to stretch, and adding a few minutes to the duration at a time, etc... Do some googling for jogging form and it'll teach you to not overstride and not land on the heels/tiptoes. Most of us are young, so we take this stuff for granted, but once we get old, healing takes longer as injuries last longer, so might as well perfect the form ASAP

4. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Its more than likely just the aches and pains of getting back into running shape. Stick with it and your lower back will strengthen. I remember way back in the day when I started running how my lower back would tighten up after a mile. Now I can run 3.5~4 miles even after having worked my lower back in the gym pretty hard earlier in the day and not feel a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.