Running a PC Laptop with Synaptics Trackpad Software?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by art_VW_shark, Apr 23, 2009.

1. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

YOU NEED THIS.
    ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/netbook/as ... 0_WHQL.zip
    Slow from that server but worth it. Adds:chiral scroll [loops so you don't have to take your finger off teh pad and can scroll endlessly], tap zones [allows you to set four corners of your pad to have different, user set functions. I have: top left as middle click, top right as right click and bottom left as start button. works great] and FLICKS. Program support may vary but FF3 and IE8 both support it. Never use your forward back hard buttons again, and even more convenient than control < and >
    get it now.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I dunno; I'm old-fashioned when it comes to pointing devices. I want it to move up, down, left, and right. A scroll wheel is a welcome addition, but not essential.

Also, Backspace operates the browser's back button.

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i already have mouse gestures for my web browsing. left->right click means go forward and right->left click means go back.

scroll wheel is essential IMHO. it is one of the best interface updates on a PC. mouse with single button = good, adding 2nd button mouse = great, scroll wheel = awesome. clickable wheel (or 3rd button on some mice) = ok, only used in a few select instances for me. extra "media" and internet keys on keyboards = useless. windows key on keyboards = great. touch screen on a home PC = who gives a shit?

4. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

this way you can leave the trackpad that much less though :dunno: