Runners???

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by grampafunk, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grampafunk

grampafunk New Member

So I have been having nothing but bad luck as of late. Maybe its just because I am old.

I have been running fairly consistantly for the last 3 years, generally 3-4 times a week, usually 5-7 km's, somtimes longer, but generally at least 5 km's. (around 3 miles)

Last year, I had a pair of New Balance 765, they were the most amazing shoes I have ever worn! Did'nt have any pain anywhere, could run every day of the week if I wanted. But like all good things, they wore out, and of course, then geniouses at New Balance had to screw with a good thing and changes them to the 766. I tried them, used them for a couple of weeks and hated them! I looked for my beloved 765 everywhere but could not find them! I need an 11 2E.. Aparently this is an odd size, or else a common size, and they sold them all right away!

So, i settled on a pair of Asics, they are not cheap, where around the $160 mark. (i cant remember their name right now). They felt pretty good when i tried them on, the best out of everything I tried. So i bought them.

Now, I have been having pain in the back on my knees. Not in the knee, but in the muscle behind the knee on the back of my legs. After a longer run or a session on the treadmill, it gets to the point where i need to take a couple of days off to let things get back to normal. I am assuming this is due in part to my shoes??? Anyone else have any experience with this? Could it be the way my foot is hitting the ground?? ANy ideas at all?

Secondly, if it is infact my shoes, can anyone recommend a good pair of new balance shoes (seem to fit my the best), that are a good running shoe.

Anyways, any opinions would help.

2. grampafunk

grampafunk New Member

awsome! yah that helps quite a bit. I was basically just looking for some confirmation that it was probably my shoe. Its probably easier to replace them now then to have troubles with my legs later. I thnk I will visit a custom shop, although I have visited a couple, they seem more interested in making a sale. I suppose I just need to keep trying and will eventually come up with somebody who knows what they are talking about.

3. 1.8t

1.8t Member

I only get about 17 miles a week. I use Nike Shocks and love them. They have GREATLY improved the freshness of my knees after a long run.

4. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Obviously the best advice is to see a doctor ... however pain *behind* the knee cap can often be attributed to chondromalacia patellae or patellar tendonitis ... neither of which have much to do with your shoe but more to do with proper warm up techniques, the level of development of your quads, simple wear and tear from age, and being more knock-kneed than is normal.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.