Runes of Magic

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Ihateusernames, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ihateusernames

Ihateusernames What's This?

Anybody playing this? it goes live tomorrow open beta is done today.

its a free to play MMO. kinda like a WoW knockoff. except it has a few other things to it.good graphics about as good as WoW. you can dual class which means you can be a priest and a mage as second class or knight and warrior. so on a so forth with the different classes. it has PvP and PvE servers to suit to which taste you like. you have kinda like a house where you can have furniture and you can have a chest to store stuff. so far i'm a level 9 mage/11 priest. i've been playing like 4 days now and its held my attention this long.

2. Josepi

Josepi HA HA, I CHANGED MY AV

Free to play = they sell you crap somewhere. Typical korean mmoclone.

3. Ihateusernames

thats true they do sell you stuff in the game. but to play the game and do you need to buy stuff NO.

4. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

this sounds a bit like FFXI with having your own house (mog) and being able to dual class. Sounds interesting, but I'm wondering how the pvp and end game is like? Two of the most important things for me in any MMO. You have any more info? I'll try and google it.

5. Ihateusernames

Pvp is from lvl 15 and up. But if your under crimal status you can pvp anyone. But you get attacked by city guards though. But it seems as if frogster hasn't put enough guards for the city though I was along with the rest of logar getting killed by crimals. If you get pk'd by some more then 10 lvls higher then you lose nothing. End game I can speak of like I said I've said I've only played 4 days and I don't think anybody can speak on end game because then they went from closed to open they reset everybody back to zero. But now that they are live today hopefully it should go well. If you get on I'm on the pvp server names shalaan.

6. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I'll probably give it a try. PvP is what I'm mainly after which is why I asked. What happens if you get killed by someone less than 10 levels above you? From the little reading I did, the only PvP was dueling. But you mentioned a PvP server, so I'm intrigued. I can't stand carebear games.

7. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

No, thanks. I tried this during the closed beta and it was just utter shit.

8. MidgetHandler

MidgetHandler New Member

where the fuck are the screen shots? If it looks good I will give it a try.

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

10. Ihateusernames

if you get killed by someone 10 levels higher then you don't drop anything. but if you get killed by someone within 10 levels of you have a chance to drop armor/loot/weapons and what not. PvP starts from level 15 and higher. i'm on the PvP server the only one they have Grimdal. and mr. coffee i can prolly say its prolly better then closed beta. hell they just went live yesterday. so most of the bugs have been worked out. yeah they still bugs hell all mmo have bugs. hell even year or so after they have released.

11. Mud

Mud Active Member

yes i want screenshots

12. Daria

Daria New Member

people like you should not be permitted in closed beta tests. software littered with problems is a tester's playground

I saw the screenshots for this game and I think it looks alright. Definitely something to play for someone who does not want to pay a monthly fee and enjoys the game without having to buy what is offered.

13. MidgetHandler

MidgetHandler New Member

will DL tonight and give this a shot.

How is the lvling? What class combinations have you tried so far?

14. Ihateusernames

i have a 14 mage / 12 preist when i play mage i'm a freakin glass cannon with heals. lvling wise there's plenty of quests and quest lines to keep you busy. and what i do is do daily quest which are pretty simple quests like go kill <insert name> animals and come back and turn in. which you can 10 of a day. i'll use dailys to level my other class i'm not maining. honestly they don't really have a lot of stuff in the item shop make you wanna spend money on anything except prolly a mount. the graphics are actually pretty good. seems to have a developers that cares to keep the game going. so far i've been pretty happy with the game. if your a WoW'r then you'd really like this game.

15. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

The fuck? :ugh:

I stayed in the closed beta for quite a while. I didn't just take one look and say "It's full of shit and bugs, i ain't playing this shit no more". I was helpful, discovered bugs and interacted with people.

What i'm saying is shit is the fact that this copy/paste online game is just trying to hard to be a shit load of things all at the same time, while not succeeding to be good anywhere. The game plays slowly, graphics is decent at best and the translations are still off at times, not to mention the still abundant major bugs that the development team still haven't taken care of or that they ever even bother talking to the community whatsoever. Don't even get me fucking started on how they're so fucking biased towards their own german community. Fuck that.

Don't make fucking silly assumptions about what i think about any games, dickwad. You don't know fucking shit and i'll tear you you fucking apart from ass to mouth.

16. MidgetHandler

MidgetHandler New Member

updating now. thinking of rolling priest/mag or rogue mag.