GUN Rule #1 : Never bring a pellet gun to a gun fight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 13, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.click2houston.com/news/10059297/detail.html

HOUSTON -- An incident involving an air gun led to a shooting and crash in northeast Harris County early Thursday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Deputies said a woman and her boyfriend drove around a neighborhood with an air gun and fired at a man in his driveway.

The man and his brother retrieved a gun, followed the victim's car, and opened fire at the other vehicle at about midnight on Bayou Bear and Becker, according to authorities.

Officials said the female driver was shot in the head and the vehicle crashed in a ditch.

Lifeflight Helicopter flew her to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she was later released. The male passenger had minor head injuries from the crash.

Charges are pending against the gunman.

2nd story

Oct. 12, 2006, 11:24AM
    Woman hospitalized in Channelview shooting

By ANITA HASSAN
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

An overnight shooting that authorities first thought may have been the result of road rage was actually instigated by the couple who were injured in the incident, officials said today.

Danielle Burris,19, and her boyfriend were driving around the Channelview area with a BB gun that closely resembled a large handgun, shooting at people, houses, cars and signs late Wednesday night, authorities said.

One man, who was shot at in his driveway, and his brother Andrew Garcia, 17, went looking for the pair, authorities said.

Garcia brought along a real firearm.

The men located Burris and her boyfriend in their vehicle at the intersection of Bear Bayou Drive and North Becker. When Garcia and his brother approached the vehicle, Burris' boyfriend pointed the BB gun at the men, authorities said.

Garcia then fired the gun he was carrying and struck Burris behind the left ear, causing her to lose control of her 1998 Kia, authorities said.

When sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene, they found Burris' Kia stuck in a nearby ditch.

Burris was transported via Life Flight to the hospital.

Her condition is unknown.

Burris' boyfriend suffered minor cuts and scrapes that authorities said were most likely a result of the car crash.

"BB guns like this are a tremendous concern for law enforcement," Lt. John Martin said. "Because if an officer had seen them shooting at people, the officer could have mistaken it for a handgun and used deadly force against them."

Martin added that past incidents of aggravated robbery were committed using similar BB guns.

Martin said Garcia is being charged with unlawful carrying of a weapon and further charges may be pending.

The shooting is being referred to a grand jury.

Martin said at there is no information on whether Burris and her boyfriend will face any charges.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

That girl sure is lucky, unless they were using a 25, in which case it's expected she lived.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

they better not file charges against those brothers. You know a cop wouldn't have even been looked at if that happened to them.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Chasing them down wasn't a smart thing to do but

makes it justified shoot to me.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I agree, but they weren't breaking the law I don't think.
    This is mostly what I mean.

That said, I sure as HELL wouldn't go chasing after someone I thought had a gun (or might have one). I'd leave it to the cops.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

If the cop was aware that it wasn't a real gun as the Garcia brothers most likely knew they certainly would.

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

no way... if they had gotten shot with a bb gun, then chased them down and the guy pointed it at them, they'd be well within their rights to fire. How do they know they didn't put the bb gun down and pick up a real gun?

Cops have gotten off for a LOT less than pointing something that actually COULD be a gun at them.

8. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Too bad they both didnt die

9. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Proof that 1 story > 2. If you're gonna shoot someone make sure that you kill them.

10. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

As long as no one died its funny. :rofl:

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

To me if you felt threatened enough by someone's actions to chase after them, their actions weren't causing you to fear for your life. I wonder if a case could be made for the dumbasses with the bb gun being able to justify pulling out a real gun because someone followed them and had a gun themselves.... I sure woudln't want to be on either side of this idiot fest and I'm not going to begin to suggest that the 17 year old and his brother who grabbed a handgun and went on a chase shouldn't be charged. I'd charge 'em all with something.

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I totally agree that they were all idiots. I think the people running around shooting people with bb guns are moreso though. Especially because the BB gun looked like a real gun.