GUN Ruger parts review

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Didact, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Didact

Didact I have no idea what I'm doing

Instlaled the new bolt buffer, auto bolt release, and extended mag release on my ruger 10/22.

This is what I got from Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RUGER-10-22-BLU...ryZ73952QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FWIW, try to get a bolt buffer without the steal core. Maybe it's just my luck, but the fit is tight anywaz so the core will seperate from the poly when you insert it. Mine looks all jagged in it after installation because I had to shim the metal core in to keep up with the poly.

Mag release is a god send. Flick it forward and the magazine will literally fall out.

Bolt release is cool. Not all what it's cracked up to be. It only really eliminates the last action of flicking the bolt catch and release. But it's annoying enough that it's welcome. And if you look at the difference between that and the original, it's a 30 second dremel job. I think I'll grind mine down and sell it on ebay for $10-$12 like the rest. :greddy:

Then I got the extractor upgrade.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RUGER-10-22-MAT...goryZ383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The extractor hook was identical in size and shape as the original. The spring however was longer. I just swapped springs. :hsugh: I was expecting a sharper edge or something. Nah. Something jsut blued.

And in case you do order any of these, be aware of the complete lack of instructions. Now I'm pretty new to firearms, so maybe there's a bit of a learning cure. Took me about 30 min to install all of it, simply because I had to figure it out as I go.

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

no-name stuff off of ebay isn't all its cracked up to be!? No wai!

3. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

Lol. You got served!

4. Didact

Pssshh.. $25 total investment. :coolugh: I'd care less.

I wasn't expecting this to hit a cricket at 500yards.

5. Didact

Werd, yo, mad gansta like.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:mamoru:

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Should have gone with the Volq stuff. There extractor has a very sharp hook point and is made from A2 tool steel Rc58-60, tough shit. .005" closer to the cartridge rim.

Bolt buffer is no biggie, it either works or it don't. Same with mag release.

Can file down the little spike in the factory bolt release to make it auto release, completely free.

But anyways, sounds cool. I got all the same stuff for my 10/22 but I stuck with WeaponKraft, Volquartsen, and Bell and Carson brands. So far so good.